Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

autocad and photoshop

Options
  • 09-09-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone give me advice regarding downloading/ where to purchase autocad 2011/12 to laptop running on windows Xp, am having difficulty downloading the free student version from the website, wouldn't mind purchasing a licence as I need it for college if its at a reasonable cost :)

Also urgently need adobe photoshop cs6 preferably, I've downloaded free versions in the past which have only slowed down my laptop, have looked online and only seem to be able to find design suites for about 1000e do not want to spend this! Would maybe require Indesign also although photoshop and auto cad are more urgently needed, any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm just starting off at these programmes and don't know a great deal about purchasing or downloading them, cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

You might find an affordable Creative Cloud subscription for your Adobe requirements. They usually offer student deals around this time of year which are very good.
    You should be able to download AutoCad as a student for free, I doubt this allows commercial use, unlike the Adobe suite. Otherwise Autocad would be an expensive purchase I would presume

• Registered Users Posts: 2 frimalkad

Yeah looks to be the easier option at the moment anyway, think its 20e a month which isn't bad, would love to buy the licence which might turn out cheaper in the long run seems any licence for photoshop cc or cs6 is around 600e though which isn't ideal for students :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Adobe are moving away from 'licenses' per say to a subscription model. Last year I seen deals for students at around 16pm. Which is not too bad in the scheme of things. At least with subscription you will be guaranteed uptodate relevant software whereas with a license, you are stuck with what you buy. I do not work for Adobe in any way btw:D

Advertisement