Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday present for 9 year old

• 09-09-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭

My son will be 9 at the end of the month. We are at a loss at what to get him. We had a lego set in mind which we got for him a few years ago unknowns to him but we put away becasue it was too advanced, but it seems we actually gave it to him last Christmas cos he was playing with it on Saturday!

The only thing he has asked for is a game for his DS. He hasn't looked for anything else.

He's into lego and computer games, and rallying, formula one, basically anything to do with cars, dinosaurs, space, how things work etc. Different countries and facts.

He has a few lego sets already, he has a toy car of just about every kind imaginable and in my opinion he has enough computer games. He has the usual bike, fliker, go kart, footballs for outside as well as a trampoline. We are not at the phone, ipod, ipad stage yet thank god!

Scratching the head here....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Why not just get him the DS game as his big pressie and then perhaps bring him on a shopping day to maybe pick out some more games for the DS.. Gamestop is great for the DS games and you can get great deals.. I picked up some of those flying mini kites in the €2 shop for kids recently and they love them cant go wrong with them. There are some pretty cool dinosaur books out there also, hot wheels for cars

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Walkie Talkies?
    A trip to the planetarium?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Walkie talkies sounds like a winner.
    Or the night vision goggles that were over on Bargain Alerts a while ago.
    Or a unicycle - just cos they're great

Advertisement