Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austria vs Ireland - WCQ Tuesday 7.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Duff wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I'm slightly happy?

Yes, it is wrong.

None of this crap that it's good as Trap will go etc.

He was going at the end of this campaign anyway and you should always want Ireland to do well no matter what.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Id say trap cant wait to get back to Milan and retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

fookit.

i'm more pissed off for the poster who had the bet on nil-nil

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Walters, a workhorse striker stuck on the ring wing, cant control the ball, Austria attack, Ireland defend poorly, Alaba, the best player on the pitch by a long way, scores and ends any hope Ireland have of qualifying. Typical, typical of Ireland under Trapatonni that a lack of belief in technical ability has cost us once again. 2 games, lost both, outplayed both times and they've looked clueless both times. A low point here for Irish football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Waiting for Hamilton to mention Stoger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Fair play to the few Irish lads who are trying tonight , Coleman in particular.

Fair play to the few Irish lads who can't play but are trying tonight, Green.

Fair play to the subs who can play but arent playing , Holohan.

no comment for the lads who cant play, are playing but arent trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

A 'leaba' put our world cup hopes to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Forde not time wasting now aye

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

keith16 wrote: »
    Sammons first touch is unmercifully agricultural.

I have no idea what your saying but it sounds about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

late equaliser to maintain his away record?!! clutching......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Zee Germans are going to crucify us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

**** off ronnie, green motm over coleman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

In fairness to Wilson - there was no pressure on the cross. Coleman gave the left winger at least three meters so he had plenty of time to deliver his cross. Wilson could only frantically thrash at the ball with his weaker foot in his own six yard box so it's unfair to completely blame him. The problem was at least as much with Coleman for allowing the cross to come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Trap should go and Delaney should follow him as well. Says alot when the Head of the FAI earns more than the winners of the league. The organisation is an absolute farce.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Your whingeing is what's tiresome.

You got the result you were looking for so congrats.

Yes, because criticism of the blatant ineptness of the management is the same as wanting Ireland to lose.

Brilliant ****ing conclusion there.

There is a difference between not being blindly supportive to idiocy and not wanting Ireland to win.

You are either myopic in the extreme or beyond trolling, and neither are anything but tiresome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This is what I like about Ice Hockey. In a miserable game like this there would have been at least one punch by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Jesus Shane long is the softest **** ive ever seen. Very strange considering he won a minor hurling munster final. How did he become so yellow, must be infectious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Goodnight Vienna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Anyone expect him to be gone before the German game? Might actually watch it then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I thought Alaba was man of the match but Im no expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Delighted Green got MOTM, played well against Sweden away when started too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Why does an Irish player get MOM...can they not give it to austrian player? its more man of the irish team award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I agree with coleman being good on the ball and having some composure... Green did well enough. Long seems to have no confidence. Walters on the wing is a joke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

late equaliser to maintain his away record?!! clutching......

his competitive away record. feck sake, clinging on to something all evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

You can't fault Green's effort tonight in fairness. He's done a better job then Whealan would have done.

Grim, grim stuff.

Coleman the only player who's shown any quality for us tonight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

ambid wrote: »
    In fairness to Wilson - there was no pressure on the cross. Coleman gave the left winger at least three meters so he had plenty of time to deliver his cross. Wilson could only frantically thrash at the ball with his weaker foot in his own six yard box so it's unfair to completely blame him. The problem was at least as much with Coleman for allowing the cross to come in.

The problem came from walters not able to hold the ball up when we had it, which led to the goal.

Austria are ****e and that says a lot about us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

LowOdour wrote: »
    Why does an Irish player get MOM...can they not give it to austrian player? its more man of the irish team award

I would have loved to see Tony O Donoghue interview Zlatan Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

This qualifying campaign went up in smoke with the hammering in Dublin from Germany.

At home Ireland should have enough heart to be difficult opponents not cannon fodder. Ireland can have a premiership XI and subs so they should never get annihilated like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Oat23 wrote: »
    Anyone expect him to be gone before the German game? Might actually watch it then.
    Lets put it this way....if he stays and they play the game in my back garden i will close the curtains!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

LOL at the outrage over Sammon coming on.

We had this over Green's selection and he did well.

We need a goal so putting on a striker is quite logical.

Get down off your high horse.

There is absolutely no point in bringing on a striker when there's no creativity in midfield. Brady or Hoolahan should have come on. This is a fact, not an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Ah **** off ref you absolute sham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

man of the match is a bit tough when you lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Oat23 wrote: »

I'd have serious worries about the mental state of any manager that wants to take over this team before the Germany game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Coleman booked. Back four for Germany :

McShane - O'Dea - Clark - Ward*

(* = presumably Wilson will find some way out of the massacre in the meantime)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bloody hell I haven't been this depressed watching Ireland play since, eh....Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

lest we get the proper entertainment now with the boys back at the studio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

In reality RTE shouldn't bother to interview Trap after this disgraceful showing. We all know what he is going to say anyway. Unless he is going to announce his resignation of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Seaneh wrote: »
    Yes, because criticism of the blatant ineptness of the management is the same as wanting Ireland to lose.

Brilliant ****ing conclusion there.

There is a difference between not being blindly supportive to idiocy and not wanting Ireland to win.

You are either myopic in the extreme or beyond trolling, and neither are anything but tiresome.

I have argued my points at length considerably on several threads as you well know. Calling me names shows the limitations of your own arguments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ambid wrote: »

Did it hit Greene before falling to Alaba?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That's that then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

So can we be the 55th team at the World Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully traps cancerous reign comes to an end now, need to rebuild. Poisonous stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Pathetic and unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Fcuk me Caleb Folan moved more elegantly than Bambi on ice Sammon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

And Sammon passes to an austrian....

A draw tonight would have given us lingering hope.

Now, feck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Will brady defend trap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Thats it for Trap. I had such a gut feeling Austria were going to win. Big deal though. I'm not worried. I just hope we have some kind of chance in your next qualification campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A full change is what's needed in the FAI. Delaney, Gavin have to go and get people in who actually give a shít about domestic football in this country.

Revitalise it and advertise the shít out of it.

It's impossible to have a successful national team without a strong domestic league behind it.

Why splash money on a big name manager for a quick fix when the future of football in this country will suffer if it's not fixed... and quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Brady can **** off too the Trap apologist.

heard him at half-time saying how at the press conference Trap said we need a result to maintain our seeding position. Brady said everyone laughed, like they didnt realise how serious it was.

FFS BRADY EVERYONE LAUGHED COS TRAP WAS THE ONE WHO PUT US IN THIS ****E RANKING POSITION .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭baldbear

Sorry Ronny theres a difference between not trying and not been good enough.

Advertisement