Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austria vs Ireland - WCQ Tuesday 7.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

inspectorgadget.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Even Manuela looks embarrassed... "nah you're just talking ****e there Gio..."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Our days watching Manuela are numbered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I haven't a clue what he's on about?

how the hell do the players get anything from this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

roanoke wrote: »
    Arrivederci Manuela. We'll always have Paris. :(

I hope we can keep her. If RTE had any cop on, they would offer her a job as a pundit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

blueser wrote: »
    Trying to cover his tracks now, claiming he was on about Bilic. Of course you were Eamo, of course you were.

Billic is on 160K :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

He can answer the questions but he can't understand them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Why doesn't she just answer in English, Jesus what is he on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

sit on my face Manuela Spinelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Played 64, Won 26. Kinda says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Who is the best manager who would say yes if they got a phone call from the FAI in the morning? Is it not Martin O Niell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

oh jesus christ not the next one oh god no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    The FAI are waiting to press print on the press release. Of course he's gone.

How do you know this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Oh, You'll change players now if you get another two years? ****. OFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Her eyes are lovely.

How much is she costing the FAI, wages, hotel, expenses, hair product...
    and Traps side kick, I presume his package is better than most right hand men..

all told an expensive italian job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

KingdomYid wrote: »
    One thing I will miss is Manuela's beautiful eyes :(

She could stay and translate for Ronnie Whelan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

KingdomYid wrote: »
    One thing I will miss is Manuela's beautiful eyes :(

He still hasn't bothered his arse to learn the language either the silly old fart

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

I STILL don't get it :confused:

She's lethal in the flesh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL he wants to manage us for the Euros!!! OMG he is deluded!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭LowOdour

nbar12 wrote: »
    sit on my face Manuela Spinelli

Oi, get in line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I can't see Trap getting sacked before his contract runs out.

To be honest, I wouldn't bother now just for sake of it. No point sacking him now. Keep the cash and pump it back into the grassroots. God knows we need it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

bizmark wrote: »
    how the hell do the players get anything from this guy
    It's a disgrace that he didn't bother to even learn the language in his time with Ireland. It's the players that you'd feel sorry for most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

we are no world beaters but we are better than we have looked the past 2 games.
    I dont think I can remember when we had 2 such poor performnces in a row against average opposition.
    One thing going to the Euro's and getting beat by 3 of the best Europeans teams around but the last 2 games have been crap.We are capable of fielding a team of decent pro's who mostly play at mid level premiership teams,we have no superstars but are better than what has been shown the last few days.
    The football played was atrocious and it was constantly long balls,hoofed high into the air,why not put a few passes together or play the play down the channels.tactics,line up's and use of the bench are where Trap has made the biggest mistakes.
    Trap got us to 2 playoff's and a tournament and I am grateful for that but its time to move on.
    I have no idea who the next manager will be but I hope the FAI do a proper search and don't just look for a lad who is out of work in England.If O'Brien is willing to pay wages again there is no reason why they cant offer a decent wage ,1 million for a international job is loads considering the about of time they work compared to club jobs.

He is man of no honour at all. If he had any honour he would stand down now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Is it just me, or does anybody else find O'Donoghue's questions a little out of order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Trap is very entertaining and has a great C.V but he can't do anything else with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Id love to see Martin O'Neill get the job.

He'd be the first manager to bankrupt a National Team by going into th e transfer market and spending millions to buy Bale, Messi and Cavani...

I think you mean Heskey, Harewood and Salifou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

lol at Dunphy's Trap's football isnt the Irish tradition
    we have always played hoofball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Havermeyer wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does anybody else find O'Donoghue's questions a little out of order?

In what way? Seemed fair enough to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

They always have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

How do you know this?

Of course I don't know. It's all about optics, politics and saving face now. Some in the FAI wanted him gone a year ago and I'm sure they'll want him gone ASAP. He won't be managing the team in Cologne. I wage a fair amount on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jaysus.. it's turned into a wake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

He has to go, and go now.
    I admit we don't have the strongest squad but he has refused to utilise the players available to him.
    Truth is there is a long rebuilding process ahead of us, I think Martin O'Neill might do well to avoid this job until that rebuilding has taken place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Martin O'Neill would be an excellent appointment, not sure we can get him, we'd be lucky to get him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    To be honest, I wouldn't bother now just for sake of it. No point sacking him now. Keep the cash and pump it back into the grassroots. God knows we need it

I'd assume the money is going into his pocket whether he stays or not. All they are doing is paying the remainder of his contract. So the money won't go to grassroots either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Terribly bitter vile on this thread for a man that got us to two play-offs in a row. At least the panel have a bit more class.

Who was the last manager that got a good send-off from fans and media? Big Jack?

Not sure why any coach would want to take this job and face being hounded out of it in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

2 poor sides.

Also think its time to stop talking about Hoolahan as if he's the answer to all our problems. He ain't.

What if O'Neill isn't interested?

Of course I don't know. It's all about optics, politics and saving face now. Some in the FAI wanted him gone a year ago and I'm sure they'll want him gone ASAP. He won't be managing the team in Cologne. I wage a fair amount on that.

Lets hope that this sharpens the knives in the FAI for John Delaney as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Tony Pulis is unemployed I reckon the stoke tactics would work for ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭tigger123

In order to sack him they have to pay out his contract, which they can't afford to do, so he's going nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I've been calling for Trap's head since the Euros but I fully agree with those sentiments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

gandalf wrote: »
    LOL he wants to manage us for the Euros!!! OMG he is deluded!!!

Sorry I missed that part, was too busy trying the decipher his hand jestures and looking at Manuela.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

there is truth to some of what Brady is saying, as with any argument, its not totally black and white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I created a thread about this a few months back. He's been far worse in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pushing his own agenda. Not the first time really. He's a dreadful interviewer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'd assume the money is going into his pocket whether he stays or not. All they are doing is paying the remainder of his contract. So the money won't go to grassroots either way.

The difference being the extra they have to pay for the new manager surely i.e. Two salaries at once

I can see both sides of the argument between Brady and Dunphy.

Brady is right when he says that we haven't exactly a conveyor belt of talent to pick from but the other side of this is that Trappattoni ignored decent players for too long and picked honest but non-skilful players ahead of them.

Trap will pay with his job but its more than him to needs to go if we're being totally honest. Why on earth's name do you give a contract up to next June btw when this qualifying campaign ends next month? :confused: The fact of the matter is that those who administer Irish football in this country are rotten to the core.

On a brighter note, Alaba is a super player and a joy to watch. There will be definately clubs tracking him over the next few years and Bayern will dig their heels in to hold onto him. When you see the talent in Europe at least we have no shortage of inspiration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Terribly bitter vile on this thread for a man that got us to two play-offs in a row. At least the panel have a bit more class.

Who was the last manager that got a good send-off from fans and media? Big Jack?

Not sure why any coach would want to take this job and face being hounded out of it in the long run.
    Big Jack was hounded out and sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

He was on the sideline... Im sure hes well aware.
    yet he always makes out that we were robbed of a spot in the finals when we weren't certain to go through.
    It would be different if we were going to go through if Henry's goal was disallowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

In what way? Seemed fair enough to me

I'm not a fan of Trap's, but the questions put to him by O'Donoghue post match, for a while now, have been pretty disrespectful - lacking in tact, as a reporter, imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement