Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New connection query

Options
  • 09-09-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,

I am currently building a new house, due to complete in early 2014. What I want to know is if I go with eircom how does the cable for broadband & phone get to the house, is it ran underground or by a cable to the outside of the house and down the side like upc?

Just trying to figure out if I need to factor this in now or can wait until nearly the end of the build to connect.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
    Gareth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bombadil

HI Gareth

Phone line runs from pole beside road through an underground pipe which surfaces at a small phone junction box on wall of your new build. Just put in pipe with string (orange nylon cord) ready for the phone company once you are ready for connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gareth_mc wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am currently building a new house, due to complete in early 2014. What I want to know is if I go with eircom how does the cable for broadband & phone get to the house, is it ran underground or by a cable to the outside of the house and down the side like upc?

Just trying to figure out if I need to factor this in now or can wait until nearly the end of the build to connect.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
    Gareth

Hi Gareth,

It can depend on the nature of work that yourself and the contractor may need to do in conjunction with the eircom technician.

i.e ducting, cable tracking or if poles need to be put up. We advise customers to send an e-mail to: pdbureau@eircom.ie ( Plan Design Bureau) with the below information.

Customer’s Name.

Customer’s Contact Telephone number during normal working hours.

The exact location of the proposed works (preferably a site map).

The extent and nature of the works.

The date the customer proposes to start excavations.

They will be able to address the specific requirements in detail.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement