Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional/Rural work Contacts

Options
  • 09-09-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi all,

Me & 2 friends are travelling to Sydney on the 6th of January for a year or 2.

We are hoping to get our regional/rural work done straight away in order to save money and to have it done if we decide to stay for a second year. The thing we are most worried about is finding work.

If any of ye has a contact for a farmer/employer that you or a friend has worked with is there any chance you could pass me on the details (if they were trustworthy etc.).

Ideally, the employer would be some way close to Sydney (even a couple of hours on a bus or train).

Anyone that can help me out? When I'm searching online you never know if the employer is reliable etc. as I have heard a few horror stories.

P.S Do you reckon we will find the regional work easy to come by?

Please and thank you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pinny_1

Alanhooly wrote: »
    Hi all,

Me & 2 friends are travelling to Sydney on the 6th of January for a year or 2.

We are hoping to get our regional/rural work done straight away in order to save money and to have it done if we decide to stay for a second year. The thing we are most worried about is finding work.

If any of ye has a contact for a farmer/employer that you or a friend has worked with is there any chance you could pass me on the details (if they were trustworthy etc.).

Ideally, the employer would be some way close to Sydney (even a couple of hours on a bus or train).

Anyone that can help me out? When I'm searching online you never know if the employer is reliable etc. as I have heard a few horror stories.

P.S Do you reckon we will find the regional work easy to come by?

Please and thank you! :)

Why does it need to be so close to sydney ? That to me sounds a bit silly tbh. Im over 6hrs drive west of sydney and thats nothing over here.
    Best thing youl ever do is get out of sydney.
    Cotton season gets going in nsw march/april.
    Irrigation work would be all over nsw in jan.
    look to the smaller country towns outside Parkes and Dubbo

Advertisement