Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazilian birth cert HELP

Options
  • 09-09-2013 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I wasn't really sure where to put this but maybe people on here would have an idea of what to do. My fiancee was born in Brazil and came to Ireland at 15. He now needs his birth cert legalized so we can get married. The embassy areso unhelpful and we really just do not know how to do this! If any one has any info at all it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Leanne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Brasil 34

I am not sure what you mean by legalising his birthcert? I am Irish and married my Brazilian husband three years ago. We had to submit all the usual documenation as requested by the HSE. I got his birthcert translated by a translation company and this was adequate for the HSE. Any other queries feel free to ask. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Leanneire1

Unfortunately my partner was quite young leaving Brazil and never thought to have his birth cert stamped by the dept of foreign affairs before leaving, it used to be possible to do it in the Brazilian embassy in Dublin but not anymore! Some countries use an Apostle stamp for this purpose but Brazil does not which makes the process more complicated.. The registry office are insistent this must be done or we cannot get married but thankfully since I posted this we have gotten the information we need!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Brasil 34

Glad you got it sorted. Their insistence on this is odd but perhaps its because he was a minor leaving Brazil? Best of luck anyway.

Advertisement