Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and tution fees

Options
  • 09-09-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

I'm a mature student and eligible for the btea allowance
    I've been accepted to a level 6 course starting the 23rd of sept.

The problem is that my fees for the year are 3900 which I do not have and i'm wondering is it possible to get a tution fee grant for my fees and recieve back to education allowance?

thanks in advance for replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You might be eligible for free fees depending on a few things:

Do you have another qualification at the same level as this one or at a higher level?
    Is it a full-time course?
    Who is the course provider?
    Are you an Irish or EU citizen?
    Have you lived in Ireland or the EU for 3 out of the last 5 years?

Usually if you are an Irish or EU citizen attending their first full-time third level course you are eligible for the free fee initiative whereby the college seeks your fees directly from the dept of education and you don't have to do anything.

In other cases where you may not be eligible for the Free Fee initiative you may be eligible to have your fees paid by SUSI through a tuition fee grant. This is usually paid directly to the college on behalf of eligible students on foot of an approved application to SUSI for the grant. SUSI would also cover your registration fee of €2500 if you are eligible for the tuition fee grant. You would not get the maintenance portion of the grant if you are receiving the BTEA.

You would not be eligible for fee support if you are repeating a qualification level i.e, taking the same or lower level of qualification as one you already hold.

Advertisement