Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSP - Bluetooth Watch Development System €37.50 Delivered [Texas Instruments]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

missed dhl however checked online with tracking number supplied and package originated from Amsterdam!! so no duty

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pbfitzsimons

Ah man, just ordered one, don't need it at all but can't wait to get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

deaglan169 wrote: »
    missed dhl however checked online with tracking number supplied and package originated from Amsterdam!! so no duty

I just found out Texas Instruments EU have same stock, or they have an EU warehouse, so no Duty. :)
    But...

I still haven't got mine :confused:, I wonder will DHL still deliver until 6?
    Anyone know what time they finish at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

Well. Couldn't resist that.
    Needed a watch of some sort anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

Mines froze already when i installed Meta Watch Manager Community Edition :/

cant seem to unfreeze it or factory reset it,
    anyone know a fix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

ChriisM wrote: »
    Mines froze already when i installed Meta Watch Manager Community Edition :/

cant seem to unfreeze it or factory reset it,
    anyone know a fix?

Just figured it out

Firstly download the clip driver from here (Step B):
    http://support.metawatch.com/customer/portal/articles/858691-windows-update-instructions

Then

http://www.elprotronic.com/download.html - Download FET-Pro430 Lite

Install it, then in the top left change the group to MSP430F5xx

hit Verify Security Fuse

When thats done hit reset

Elbow wrote: »
    Just figured it out

Firstly download the clip driver from here (Step B):
    http://support.metawatch.com/customer/portal/articles/858691-windows-update-instructions

Then

http://www.elprotronic.com/download.html - Download FET-Pro430 Lite

Install it, then in the top left change the group to MSP430F5xx

hit Verify Security Fuse

When thats done hit reset

Your a life saver , was reading up on it there . you save me a ton of time :)

So its ok to use Meta Watch Manager Community Edition from the playstore on this or will i need to flash somthing before i use it.?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Only getting to play with it now. I downloaded the above app on to my phone (nexus) and everything is running great.

Thanks to the OP.

:( Mine never arrived. Someone was in the house all day so door would have been answered.

Ah well, Monday i suppose? Or DHL tomorrow (Optimistic):D?

dhl guyed called back, have it connected however weather widget just says awaiting location anyone get it working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

deaglan169 wrote: »
    dhl guyed called back, have it connected however weather widget just says awaiting location anyone get it working?
    You need to get the api key for the weather widget to work, don't ask me how tho, Havnt figured it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Looks like mine will have to go back. Bottom lcd not working correctly. From reading a thread on metawatch.org other people with the same problem had to send it back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Got mine this morning, I'm going to let it charge, but it connected to my note 2 no problem.
    By the by, if you want to change the time on the watch face (analogue) its the middle button (rhs) you pull out to move the hands.
    Doesn't come with instructions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Saturday delivery, box is huge, like a pizza arriving! DHL guy says he's delivery half dozen this morning and everyone saying box was unexpectedly big :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Saturday delivery, box is huge, like a pizza arriving! DHL guy says he's delivery half dozen this morning and everyone saying box was unexpectedly big :D

When did you order? Think I ordered Wednesday night, don't think it was delivered yet

Crud, i didn't think they'd deliver today, i have to make sure somebody is there..

When did you order? Think I ordered Wednesday night, don't think it was delivered yet

Ordered on Monday evening, they confirmed on Tuesday, I think it shipped on Wednesday.

OK, first impressions from using it with a Nexus 4. Its all over the place :( It seems to have problems if more than one thing happens within a few minutes of each other. SMS's that were sent a while ago will suddenly appear minutes later and then stick there. I can't get SMS messages to scroll. Phone notificaiton worked once but since then just shows the last SMS message instead of the call.

Arrggg :)

I wonder does the watch need a firmware update? Has anybody found any instructions online for the watch?

• Advertisement

This looks like it could be an important thread, haven't followed it all yet...

http://www.metawatch.org/forums/thread/1217/

Note there is a lot of confusion in that thread. If you look at the back of the watch, it says "Style AU1000" and "Model WDS111". So i'd say WDS111 is the key thing. I'm going to try updating to the dev firmware 3.1. For me it seems that getting a scrolling text or trying the scrolling text test from the app is definitely screwing things up, so fingers crossed dev fw 3.1 will fix that...

OK, got 3.1 dev fw on and everything looks much more promising :) Scrolling texts working fine, all the app tests work grand. Thank God!

To go to 3.1 follow the instructions from the site already posted ...

https://sites.google.com/site/metawatchdev/getting-started/flashing-your-device

It is particularly important you read the guide

http://www.metawatch.org/assets/images/developers/MetaWatch_Reflash_your_Watch_Firmware_1.0.pdf

Note that I had trouble getting it to pass the Verify Security Fuse thing even though I could see the watch listed under the USB connection on the setup page. It worked once I took the clip off my watch and put it back on.

The 3.1 firmware is here...

http://www.metawatch.org/assets/images/developers/MetaWatch_SPP_FW_WDS11X_v3.1.0.zip

I used the Analog .d43 file.

So now to have a decent play around with it:D

Edit - note I am using the Noah version of the CE app, for no particular reason other than it appears to be more recently updated.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.metawatch.manager

Brilliant, thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

My battery life is absolutely terrible, lasted around 2 hours today :-\

Will try the newer firmware if that changes anything, not sure if it could be the htc one of tho

My battery life is absolutely terrible, lasted around 2 hours today :-\

Will try the newer firmware if that changes anything, not sure if it could be the htc one of tho

Reading a few remarks on the forums, the Firmware can make a huge difference to battery life.

Am i the only person still waiting on one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Allyall wrote: »
    Am i the only person still waiting on one?
    Nope, I am too.

• Advertisement

New firmware flashed :) , easy enough.

Basq wrote: »
    Nope, I am too.

Phew, I was getting a bit worried..

I'm waiting on 2. I ordered 2, but one at a time, and i thought that may have had something to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

What does yours do?
    Mine vibrates when :
    1. I get a call
    2. I get a message
    3. I get an email
    4. When I move away from the phone (break the link)

I was hoping that alerts would come up on the display too?

Solved by using and configuring the aforementioned Noah metawatch app, (I flashed it too)
    Cheers Phibsboro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Pulled the trigger on this, God damn you to hell Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

does anyone have a weather underground api key to get the forecast info working?

• Advertisement

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    does anyone have a weather underground api key to get the forecast info working?

They are free, just sign up for it here...

http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/

You can use metawatch.com as your website.

Phibsboro wrote: »
    They are free, just sign up for it here...

http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/

You can use metawatch.com as your website.

Done, that's pretty cool. TY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

Anyone know does it work with Windows Mobile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

g0g wrote: »
    Anyone know does it work with Windows Mobile?

Nope

Put the 3.1 firmware as above on the watch yesterday. Simple enough
    process.

Can verify that text scrolling works now and the API worked with the weather. You have an option of a 3-day forecast in the settings too which, on reflection is probably better.

Still 1 or 2 issues that I'm aware of.

Phone calls: It displays the caller and vibrates when the call is coming in but for me the watch continues to display an incoming all for a good few seconds after the call is coming in. I'd like to be able to reject a call with the watch - can't seem to do that.

Alarm: The watch didn't buzz when the phone alarm came on this morning despite the alarm link being on.

Overall it's a nice watch. Hopefully the cheap prices kick start the development again.

Don't really like the strap. Might change that.

IMG_20130916_090327.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

eh...how do you turn it on:confused:

bidiots wrote: »
    eh...how do you turn it on:confused:

If your talking about straight out of the box it needs charging, otherwise pressing any of the buttons should make it come to life :)

Elbow wrote: »
    If your talking about straight out of the box it needs charging, otherwise pressing any of the buttons should make it come to life :)

I was been a small bit facetious with that comment:P Have just got my hands on it and look forward to playing around with it....once it wakes up!

While your waiting get your apps sorted :D

Metawatch mgr Noah Edition
    Underground weather - Download a register for an API

Should be able to get most things working with those two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

Nope
    Nope as in no it doesn't or nope as in you don't know!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

g0g wrote: »
    Nope as in no it doesn't or nope as in you don't know!?

There's no Winows Phone API. If I didnt know I wouldn't have answered!

Got mine, just charging :) jaysus the size of the Box!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mine arrived, but it's at home.

Clock face looks bigger than I'd like judging by some shots.. but hey-ho!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fungie

Really got to to stop following bargain alerts, getting so much crap that I dont need but cant help myself!

OK I've flashed it, do I do this?

8. “Reset” can be used anytime after you use “Verify Security Fuse”. This will reset your watch. Useful if you
    tried out some software that locked-up on you. Should be used after ever reflash process or your watch will
    not run the new program.

Just wanna make sure :p

FFS.
    I still haven't got mine, Status 'delivered'. Nobody at home, so i don't know what's going on. I'll ring my friend and see if he got his.

No doubt this is my own doing. :(

Hope it's in a Neighbours house.

Any ideas lads? Watch is just blank with the hands not even moving. Went through all the steps flashing it and it's charged, etc. Was working before I flashed

eknbdc.jpg

Mine has been blanked since it arrived and I've been charging it and still nothing.

From looking at your setup there, should you use the Analog firmware rather than the Digital?

bidiots wrote: »
    Mine has been blanked since it arrived and I've been charging it and still nothing.

From looking at your setup there, should you use the Analog firmware rather than the Digital?

Yeah, eventually figured it out. Was just coming back to admit my stupidity :D just messing around with it now. Nice enough looking watch. Wondering what sort of damage it'll do to my phone battery when leaving it on all the time

• Advertisement

i entered my api however all i get is still no data on top display do i need to upgrade firmware i havent changed it out of the box

Advertisement