Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation irish

• 09-09-2013 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey, i have a question on foundation irish in regards to leaving cert?
    I am currently in ordinary level and i am doing fine but i am not planning on using irish as one of my six subjects in leaving cert,

Would i i get still get into colleges like Ucd no problem with a pass in foundation irish?

Would it reflect bad on me as a person or do you think it doesnt matter and i should make my life easy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

https://myucd.ucd.ie/admission/entry_ug.ezc
    Ordinary Level D3 is the minimum requirement for most courses on this page. Really you have to look at the courses you want to do and the entry requirements. Trinity does not require Irish I think.

Wouldn't reflect bad on you as a person at all but most people do ordinary so it would look odd on your CV to an Irish employer but if you have to job requirements I can't see many getting stuck up on you not speaking a language well that most other adults cant speak either and other than that its your choice.

Ordinary level is easy enough to pass so I would stick with it if I were you. There would be nothing worse than having to redo Irish next year because the course you wanted need at ordinary level. Remember you've come this far. Its only 9 more months and the only place you'll see Irish is on road signs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

nathan99 wrote: »
    Hey, i have a question on foundation irish in regards to leaving cert?
    I am currently in ordinary level and i am doing fine but i am not planning on using irish as one of my six subjects in leaving cert,

Would i i get still get into colleges like Ucd no problem with a pass in foundation irish?

Would it reflect bad on me as a person or do you think it doesnt matter and i should make my life easy?

If you are currently doing fine in ordinary level i'd definitely stick with it! as above poster showed, alot of courses will need ordinary irish so if you are not struggling ,keep your options open with ordinary

Advertisement