Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vw plus Ballybunnion equals zero..

Options
  • 09-09-2013 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

So, we are currently doing the great t25 trip as seen on type2ireland. Trip has been going great with us staying in Riverside in Doolin which was great and Green Acres near Kilkee which was ok. Made it to Ballybunnion and boy oh boy...Camervans not Welcome here! We were given the big cold shoulder in all three sites basically telling us to GTFO. North Kerry Tourism get your act together! We ended up travelling to Tralee to the gem that is Woodlands in Tralee. Welcomed us with open arms. Ballybunnion you have a lot to learn.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Thanks for that info Greenpilot .
    Business must be great in Ballybunion if they can afford to turn away holiday makers.
    Ah well, as you said, thankfully there is plenty of other places in Kerry who are happy to accept our € 's .

By the way , did these campsites say they were full or did they offer any excuse for not accepting your business.

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭greenpilot

demoreino wrote: »
    Thanks for that info Greenpilot .
    Business must be great in Ballybunion if they can afford to turn away holiday makers.
    Ah well, as you said, thankfully there is plenty of other places in Kerry who are happy to accept our € 's .

By the way , did these campsites say they were full or did they offer any excuse for not accepting your business.

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

I won't name names, but the were all quite short with me, and the lady in ballygaige actually hung up!
    Not good, I think the current state if affairs warrants a good article in one of the motor home mags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Some of the sites are getting up to 7k per year for mobile homes castlegregory, they just don't want the hassle anymore, did you phone around or just turn up as reception on the phone can be very different as only a fraction of the people that phone will actually turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

yeah, its a point I have been making here for ages. None of the mobile home parks have facilities for CVs . I know one or two of the owners, and I know that if arrangements are made before-hand that they will allow CVs to park (but with no elec hook / water / shower / laundry facilities)

But in fairness, none of the MH parks advertise themselves as accepting CVs ....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

So is it becoming a no go area down there then. I,m looking to take me own T25 down that neck of the woods in a few weeks.
    Whats the skinny then, should I avoid it .

• Advertisement

kadman wrote: »
    So is it becoming a no go area down there then. I,m looking to take me own T25 down that neck of the woods in a few weeks.
    Whats the skinny then, should I avoid it .

Theres a site at banna strand and also at shore acre i could recommend both.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

paddyp wrote: »
    Some of the sites are getting up to 7k per year for mobile homes castlegregory, they just don't want the hassle anymore, did you phone around or just turn up as reception on the phone can be very different as only a fraction of the people that phone will actually turn up.

Not Sure, where you got these figures from ,I know 2 mobile homes sites in CastleGregory, are not paying 7K maybe 2K-3K! Either way its irrespective!

I know of one site that that welcomes MH-CV in Castlegregory, SandyBay 2. Has 'Electric/Water' and has excellent facilities for Toilets, Electric Showers/Washing W/C.

Pm me for Number!

MikeOis wrote: »
    Not Sure, where you got these figures from ,I know 2 mobile homes sites in CastleGregory, are not paying 7K maybe 2K-3K! Either way its irrespective!

I know of one site that that welcomes MH-CV in Castlegregory, SandyBay 2. Has 'Electric/Water' and has excellent facilities for Toilets, Electric Showers/Washing W/C.

Pm me for Number!

Not sure which one it is, few people my dad worked with bought mobile homes down there with their lump sums, park was taken over by new owners who demanded 7k and said you can't have a mobile home older than 7 years and when you buy a new mobile home you have to buy it from one of these suppliers - no doubt getting a kickback. Similar carry on around east cork, waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

greenpilot wrote: »
    So, we are currently doing the great t25 trip as seen on type2ireland. Trip has been going great with us staying in Riverside in Doolin which was great and Green Acres near Kilkee which was ok. Made it to Ballybunnion and boy oh boy...Camervans not Welcome here! We were given the big cold shoulder in all three sites basically telling us to GTFO. North Kerry Tourism get your act together! We ended up travelling to Tralee to the gem that is Woodlands in Tralee. Welcomed us with open arms. Ballybunnion you have a lot to learn.
    They will complain bitterly when CVs or MHs wild camp but they don't want your business. That's unique to Ireland.
    But of course they have monopolised the business in their area and that control makes them arrogant.
    Ireland is not now and never has been camper friendly, either facilities or cost.
    But there are a few outstanding exceptions, Woodlands Tralee and Nagles Doolin are 2 worth visiting and supporting.

Advertisement