Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba Satellite L750 won't boot

• 09-09-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm repairing a Toshiba Satellite for my Aunt but I'm at a bit of a loss.

The laptop won't boot past the windows logo (running windows 7 32bit), and at first I presumed a hard drive problem. So I put in a working hard drive and the laptop still wouldn't boot.
    I ran windows memory diagnostic and the Ram passed.
    And that's where I'm at, at the moment.

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Run a HDD surface test (e.g. ViVARD, comes with UBCD). If it comes out fine, restore the laptop via factory default recovery. You can backup personal files wuth a Linux Live CD and an external HDD.

If the HDD fails the test, you might still be able to recover files from the HDD with a Live CD. Then replace the HDD and renstall the operating system.

P.S. A "working HDD" from another laptop won't boot anyway, so that doesn't mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dohcom

Did you do a clean installation on the good harddisk?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dohcom

Another harddisk will work as long as it came from a laptop with similar chipset, intel to intel or amd to amd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Can you boot into safemode?
    To try, Tap F8 after bios logo, once a second until you get boot menu, and choose Safemode with/without networking.

Advertisement