Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing modules on Blackboard

Options
  • 09-09-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭

I'm fully registered for the year, all of my modules are appearing on my timetable yet on blackboard I'm only registered to 7 modules, it should be 12.

The missing modules seem to be random too, a core module, 2 option modules and both electives, which say confirmed.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SRFCAndyC

some modules arent on blackboad, all the notes etc are on moodle or something afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

AdamD wrote: »
    I'm fully registered for the year, all of my modules are appearing on my timetable yet on blackboard I'm only registered to 7 modules, it should be 12.

The missing modules seem to be random too, a core module, 2 option modules and both electives, which say confirmed.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Since its only day 1, give it another few days otherwise I'd mail the IT desk and ask them.
    SRFCAndyC wrote: »
    some modules arent on blackboad, all the notes etc are on moodle or something afaik

Modules that use moodle will still show up on Blackboard, they'll just be empty. Geography and Biology are the main ones using moodle AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This is 3rd year Commerce btw

• Registered Users Posts: 29 qmzp

There is no requirement for a lecturer to use Blackboard. Some use Moodle, a class webpage, or post no material online at all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Is Moodle starting to be used this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Red Alert wrote: »

Had to use it last year for some of the Geography modules. Not sure how many will take it up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 qmzp

Red Alert wrote: »

Some departments simply prefer to use Moodle, e.g., Computer Science. There's no official move toward it.

Advertisement