Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 saver

Options
  • 09-09-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I have had the 365 saver and it has just matured and somehow, I have only received 36.88 in interest. I was not in it to make a huge amount of interest but surely on savings of 5600, there should be more of a saving. I have cancelled my account today and I urge anyone that is thinking of signing up to this saver. Look to kbc or anyone anyone for that matter. If I had kept that money in my current account,I would have not paid quarterly fees and would have been better of than I am now.

Its not the fact of it being 36.88 but more the fact that I feel the public should know how little interest there is to be made from this so called interest. I have rang to query the amount a was told I would get a call back. Now,I did receive a missed call from a private number but could not ring it back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi steviej25,

Thanks for posting.

Interest rates are advised prior to opening a savings account and savings advisors are available to help customers choose the account type best suited to their needs. 

The Save & Invest section of the Bank of Ireland website also groups available account types together so you can compare and choose which account type fits your needs best.

If you would like to call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 / 00 353 1 4044000 a representative will be happy to rearrange the call-back for you. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭steviej25

I should not have to re arrange the call back. Forgive me for thinking that it would be good customer care to ring the person again if they have asked for a call back. I will be closing all my accounts with Bank Of Ireland. The whole purpose of this was to show the public how little there is to be got from doing a monthly saver with bank of ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Niallers87

Hi 

I contacted bank of ireland to make a withdrawal from my 365 monthly saver account also and does it really take up to 30 days, as in is there away of getting it made priority? I also applied for an overdraft  last friday week and still have had no contact from my branch? The bank official advised me that someone would be in contact with me within 5 working days. Is there a particular department in the bank, i could contact to get an update on this

Regards

Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Niallers87 wrote: »
    Hi 

I contacted bank of ireland to make a withdrawal from my 365 monthly saver account also and does it really take up to 30 days, as in is there away of getting it made priority? I also applied for an overdraft  last friday week and still have had no contact from my branch? The bank official advised me that someone would be in contact with me within 5 working days. Is there a particular department in the bank, i could contact to get an update on this

Regards

Niall
    Hi Niall,

Thanks for contacting us through boards.

30 days notice is required to withdraw from the 365 monthly saver account and it is not possible to speed this up.  You should have been advised of this before you opened the account.

Regarding your application for an overdraft, if you contact your branch directly a representative will be happy to arrange for a customer adviser to call you back with an update.

You can find the contact details for your branch here.

Regards

Seán 

Advertisement