Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chiropractors Sligo.

Options
  • 09-09-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Can anyone recommend a good chiropractor in Sligo town?....usually go to Pat Mc Manus who I find excellent-but he is on hols,.......was with Charley Townsend before coming across Pat.
    Have a recurring back prob that needs sorting ASAP.
    Appreciate any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

I've used a lot of them, pat mc manus, Hagen mc quails, mel tozier and the Aussie fella in grange but always found Charlie Townsend best.

There is a mc morrow fella doing it now to but never been to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I've used a lot of them, pat mc manus, Hagen mc quails, mel tozier and the Aussie fella in grange but always found Charlie Townsend best.

There is a mc morrow fella doing it now to but never been to him!
    Thanks,could you please pm me C Townsends no,can't come across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Sent it to you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just to clear up some confusion, in case other people have similar queries. Pat isn't a Chiropractor, he's an Osteopath. I've been going to Pat with various sports injuries since 1993 and I can't speak highly enough about him. Charlie Townsend is also an Osteopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

Just to clear up some confusion, in case other people have similar queries. Pat isn't a Chiropractor, he's an Osteopath. I've been going to Pat with various sports injuries since 1993 and I can't speak highly enough about him.

often heard good reports too about him

Hagen McQuaid
    http://www.whatclinic.com/chiropractic/ireland/county-sligo/sligo-town/dr-hagan-mcquaid-chiropractic-sligo/reviews
    Charlie Townsend is also an Osteopath.

Not according to osteopaths he's not, nor according to chiropractors is he a chiropractor either?
    mel tozier and the Aussie fella in grange

Aren't they physios?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

N8 wrote: »
    Not according to osteopaths he's not, nor according to chiropractors is he a chiropractor either?

As I said previously, I know he's definitely not a Chiropractor. Several friends who went to him in the past, seemed certain he was an Osteopath. But regardless, the important thing I did note however was all of them advised me to stay clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 runningslow

well i have had a few injuries over the years and i always found therese devaney the chartered physiotherapist the best her website is www.sligophysiotherapy.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 henryvg

that is the best way to find chiropractic search your local area listing and get more suggestions about chiropractic school and diploma.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shane McMunn

I know it's an old post but I can recommend Grainne Gilmartin at the Sligo Wellness Centre on Quay Street. I've too few posts to post the website address but just google Sligo Wellness Centre and you'll find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tmartina

Hi did u get Charlie's number by any chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

tmartina wrote: »
    Hi did u get Charlie's number by any chance

I'll send you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

ROM in Cleveragh have a nueromuscular therapist. I have no idea what the difference in between that and a chiropractor but he's does adjustments(cracking) also a bit of accupuncture if needs be. Very nice guy and very knowledgable. Sorted out a long standing back/neck issue in two sessions and on the third did about 20 mins and wouldn't charge for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hi all,need Charley Townsends number again,back playing up,would really appreciate if someone could pm it to me,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bankprop

Hi,
    Can we just get one thing clear. Chartered Physios are medically trained both in hospitals and University for over 4 years, they are professionals. Osteopaths and Chiropractor's can do an online course and set up a practice and do alot of damage to people. I'm not in the medical fields and I'm not trying to annoy or rundown anyone but for example God forgive you were in a car accedent and needed to learn to walk again an Osteopaths or Chiropractor wouldn't know where to start. Stick with the professionals and see a Charted Physio who has insurance and wont do more damage to you. I'm speaking from experience.

Bankprop wrote: »
    Osteopaths and Chiropractor's can do an online course and set up a practice

Have you links to these courses?

it cant be this college course?

http://www.aecc.ac.uk/undergraduate/

"To qualify as a chiropractor, new students are required to complete successfully the full-time five year Master of Chiropractic degree."

That's a Masters not a Bachelors - i.e. M.Sc. not B.Sc.

I'm not trying to annoy or rundown anyone

ok

God forgive (forbid?) you needed to learn to walk again an Osteopaths or Chiropractor wouldn't know where to start.

Like this?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/health/boy-rare-disability-learns-walk-12813764

Stick with the professionals and see a Charted Physio who has insurance.

Osteopaths and Chiropractors are non professional without insurance?

Any evidence of this?

I'm speaking from experience.

????

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bankprop

Thanks for the reply N8.
    Yes I am somewhat familiar with the differences between a Masters and a Honours Degree. If fact I have both qualifactions myself. The difference in my qualifactions and the example you gave http://www.aecc.ac.uk/undergraduate/ are mine are ACCREDITED by The Higher Education and Training Awards Council. The example you gave are accredited by ........ well themselves???? and taken from there website "The AECC is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity" They are a registered charity :confused: You couldn't make this stuff up. It's like doing a degree through St Vincent De Paul.

Now I'm sure that the degree they offer in Exercise to become a Chiropracter, yes you read that correctly a degree in exercise which of course they accredit themselves as a charity, is very intense but it just doesn't cut it for me. Again none of the courses offered by this so called college have any element of medical training by professionals or in any type of hospital. How can you compare this to Chartered Phisotherapists??? who are medically trained in hospitals and in real Universities.

You gave this example http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/...-walk-12813764 in your post.

Can I just state that the Chronicle Live is obviously a renowed publisher of medical journals and reports. Its the exact same as the Sligo Champion publishing an article. Now in this article it names a so called Doctor who treated the patient. I took the liberty of researching this doctor.
    "Both my brother and I attended the “Fountain Head of Chiropractic” Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, USA." Wow 2 brothers Doctors his mother must be very proud! Wait a minute his qualification is accredited by the college he went to. He must be the first doctor in history to never train in a hospital. This reminds me of Gillan McKeith. remember her? She went by the title Doctor but she wasn't a real doctor either.
    "One of the earliest criticisms focuses on McKeith's diploma in nutrition from American Association of Nutritional Consultants. In 2004, the same diploma was also awarded, upon application and payment, to Ben Goldacre's dead cat Henrietta"

Seriously how can you have any faith in these people?

I have read through some of your previous posts on boards.ie and you seem to be on a crusade to champion Chiropracters but wont admit if you are one. You also believe that they can somehow help Cancer suffers
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55449571

The poster in the above post was asking about health screening and you some how recommend a Chiropracter! Are the Mods watching these threads? Who do you think you are N8? You know more then an Oncologist about whats best for there patients?

If you want to promote Chiropracters on boards.ie which I must point out is for opinions only please do so without being bias. Tell people that this is an alternative to medical treatment and that the people doing it are NOT MEDICALLY TRAINED.

Google "damage done by Chiropracters" you get 100's of 1000's of hits.

Quack Quack goes the duck.

The AECC as I understand it is an A grade college accredited by Portsmouth University and used as a gold standard for colleges worldwide.

The Chronicle post was tongue in cheek - many chiropractors and osteopaths are trained in rehabilitation of all sorts - that post got the reaction expected thank you.

In Joliea's thread (from 9 years ago) I posted agreeing with the Mater Private and a visit to her GP for a full range of blood tests. I finished off recommending a change in lifestyle along with avenues which many progressive oncologists do with younger cancer survivors.

Google "damage done by Chiropracters" you get 100's of 1000's of hits.

Google "damage done by medics, physios, chiropractors, osteopaths, holding in farts, salt and vinegar, listening to Westlife you get 100's of 1000's of hits" - other than for dramatic effect what's your point?

If you want to promote Chiropracters on boards.ie which I must point out is for opinions only please do so without being bias.

I would proffer the same advice for you. This thread OP asked about chiropractors. You decided to hijack it by denigrating osteopathy and chiropractic with a biased post without any evidence other than opinion.

Then rather than answer any questions you put up a bluster of self opinionated rhetoric - here they are again - can you reply to them please?
    Chiropractor's can do an online course and set up a practice

Have you links to these courses please?

Stick with the professionals and see a Charted Physio who has insurance

Chartered Physiotherapists indeed do practice as professionals with experience and insurance - my question was this: are you insinuating that osteopaths and chiropractors are not professionals and practise without experience or insurance?

I'm speaking from experience.

Pray tell. Personally I don't believe you (not that that matters) but I think you are speaking from a position of uneducated unexperienced bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭andyd12

mojopin10 wrote: »
    ROM in Cleveragh have a nueromuscular therapist. I have no idea what the difference in between that and a chiropractor but he's does adjustments(cracking) also a bit of accupuncture if needs be. Very nice guy and very knowledgable. Sorted out a long standing back/neck issue in two sessions and on the third did about 20 mins and wouldn't charge for that.
    Hi, I just seen your post! Kind of oldish I know.
    But is this the ML therapies guy who operates in ROM??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

andyd12 wrote:
    Hi, I just seen your post! Kind of oldish I know. But is this the ML therapies guy who operates in ROM?? Thanks

Yep it is! Mark Lynch, he's just moved from ROM I believe to his own clinic but unsure of where it is! You'll find it on his fb page :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Yep it is! Mark Lynch, he's just moved from ROM I believe to his own clinic but unsure of where it is! You'll find it on his fb page :-)

He's on mail coach road and I'd recommend him. He's very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FakePie

Anyone have contact details for this Charlie Townsend guy?

Need some work on my back ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Hi

My partner has some neck pain and would like to get a number for Charlie Townsend or do we have someone good as well? Who is that person in Strandhill (i heard there is someone over there?)?

Just noticed that Charlie died in 2019:(

• I think you might be referring to Juile Elwood Practice in Strandhill? I think she’s on Facebook.

Advertisement