Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zimmermann at it again

• 09-09-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭

ORLANDO, Fla. – George Zimmerman's wife has called police to her father's house, saying the former neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted of murder threatened her with a gun.
    Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell says Shellie Zimmerman called police shortly after 2 p.m. Monday.
    Bracknell says Zimmerman hasn't been arrested and officers are at the house trying to determine what happened.
    Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce last week.
    In the divorce petition, Shellie Zimmerman says she and her husband separated a month after Zimmerman was acquitted of any crime for fatally shooting Trayvon Martin last July.
    Zimmerman's acquittal led to protests nationwide.

And yes, I know it's Fox News. Shows what an upstanding member of the Floridian community he is. First publicly visiting gun factories and now threatening his own wife.

Is this simply more 'Murica or does it point yet again to a shambles of a situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Not the first time he's been arrested for domestic violence either. He's a nasty scumbag even regardless of the Trayvon Martin thing

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/28/george-zimmermans-relevant-past/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

She just wants his money at this point (wants a divorce+life insurance paid by him), and lying isn't foreign to her (already been convicted of perjury). I doubt this happened as she said it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I think this thread will split into pro-gun and anti-gun. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

He also pulled a family from a car wreck. There's good and bad in everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

biko wrote: »
    He also pulled a family from a car wreck. There's good and bad in everyone.

not everyone who's assisted in a road accident (lots of us here I should think) has shot someone dead though. I think the bad far, far outweighs the good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

She just wants his money at this point (wants a divorce+life insurance paid by him), and lying isn't foreign to her (already been convicted of perjury). I doubt this happened as she said it did.

She lied for him in court and he is the sort of guy who visits the gun factory that made the gun he used to kill a teenager and takes a picture just to let the world know.

He's a scumbag.

"Meanwhile, over the course of eight years, Zimmerman made at least 46 calls to the Sanford (Fla.) Police Department reporting suspicious activity involving black males."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Not the first time he's been arrested for domestic violence either. He's a nasty scumbag even regardless of the Trayvon Martin thing

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/28/george-zimmermans-relevant-past/

Nice you made up your mind about him despite the fact this is happening days after a divorce petition has been filed.

Where is the arrest for domestic violence? A restraining order that both parties applied for isn't domestic violence. Nice bending of the truth there.

diomed wrote: »
    "Meanwhile, over the course of eight years, Zimmerman made at least 46 calls to the Sanford (Fla.) Police Department reporting suspicious activity involving black males."

Not this again :rolleyes:

That statement is simply not true.

MadsL wrote: »
    Nice you made up your mind about him despite the fact this is happening days after a divorce petition has been filed.

I made up my mind about him long before today.
    Where is the arrest for domestic violence? A restraining order that both parties applied for isn't domestic violence. Nice bending of the truth there.

Okay, that was a mistake on my part. It still shows that he has a history of domestic violence though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The witch hunt failed boys, move on. I'm sure some other little angel will get offed by evil whitey soon enough, just keep the pitch forks in reserve till then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Zimmerman was aquited, like it or not. The kid that he shot was a lowlife, and I don't actually have any sympathy for him. If he'd been white there wouldn't have been the 3 ring media circus that surrounded the case. His wife will probably cash in on the talk show circuit and tabloid newspapers.

People talk a good game about equality, but the reality is that if a lowlife white kid is killed then that's one thing, if a lowlife black kid is killed that's a hate crime. In a global society that's supposed to be colour blind there seems to be an awful lot of emphasis on colour in this case.

I made up my mind about him long before today.

Okay, that was a mistake on my part. It still shows that he has a history of domestic violence though.

Made up your mind without the facts huh?

So you are still projecting domestic violence on to him? Based on what? Couples breaking up often end up getting retraining orders, tit for tat silliness. If anything all this proves is he has bad taste in relationships.

Show me where he has committed an act of violence other than the shooting. And don't come with the resisting arrest crap, that was a technical resist when he was underage and his mate was stopped for drinking. He basically argued with a cop.

Not this again :rolleyes:
    That statement is simply not true.
    Why not e-mail the writer and correct him?

The Washington Post
    George Zimmerman’s relevant past
    By Jonathan Capehart, Published: May 28 at 3:10 pm E-mail the writer

Show me where he has committed an act of violence other than the shooting. And don't come with the resisting arrest crap, that was a technical resist when he was underage and his mate was stopped for drinking. He basically argued with a cop.

"Show me evidence but don't produce any actual evidence because it doesn't prove anything"

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=5782626

He was charged for battery on an officer as well as resisting arrest

'Basically arguing with a cop' my hole

Why not e-mail the writer and correct him?

The Washington Post
    George Zimmerman’s relevant past
    By Jonathan Capehart, Published: May 28 at 3:10 pm E-mail the writer

Well if you paid any attention to the case you will know that particular piece of mythology was roundly shown to be false. Yet, here you are trotting it out again.

"Show me evidence but don't produce any actual evidence because it doesn't prove anything"

Arguing with a cop isn't domestic violence.

I see you have no evidence of this "domestic violence", it's a falsehood in other words.

Well if you paid any attention to the case you will know that particular piece of mythology was roundly shown to be false. Yet, here you are trotting it out again.
    So how many times?
    I have never phoned the police to report black males. I don't follow people with a gun loaded with hollow point bullets.

Are you in law-enforcement Madsl? Do you own a gun? How many guns do you own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

So how many times?
    I have never phoned the police to report black males. I don't follow people with a gun loaded with hollow point bullets.

You a gang banger?

Petty thief?

How many whites do you hate?

etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

donvito99 wrote: »
    And yes, I know it's Fox News. Shows what an upstanding member of the Floridian community he is. First publicly visiting gun factories and now threatening his own wife.

Is this simply more 'Murica or does it point yet again to a shambles of a situation?

Zimmermann is like a real life version of "Falling Down"...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

This is all a distraction to keep Americans attention away from Syria.

*removes tinfoil hat*

Or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

is this the bloke who invented facebook?

So how many times?

The City of Stanford put the records up on the web at the time of the trial - the link isn't working now, but feel free to search my posts in the Zimmerman thread; iirc he only referred to the race of the person on those calls 3-4 times.
    I have never phoned the police to report black males.
    I don't take a whole lot of notice of what colour someone is frankly. Would you refrain from calling the police if the person breaking into your neighbours house was black?
    I don't follow people with a gun loaded with hollow point bullets.
    The ammunition in that gun was entirely appropriate, making out that hollow-points are some scary thing is nonsense, it is exactly what you should load in a CCW weapon if carried in public. If you cannot figure out why, you have no business opining on firearms.

None of your damn business frankly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

That link is dead so I dunno what it should show but the charge was reduced to "resisting officer without violence" and waived when he entered an alcohol education program. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/27/10894561-zimmerman-accused-of-domestic-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer?lite

A lot of the false info surrounding the Zimmerman case was already discussed in depth in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056991686

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭valknut

Whether he's a scumbag who knows, but shooting that kid was not an act of scumbagery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNiPoCGz8c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

Where is 'the kid was a scumbag' coming from?

He had been in trouble at school for marijuana and getting in a few fights, if that defines a scumbag then I'd argue that 50% of Irish males would be classed as scumbags! Who hasn't smoked weed and gotten in a fight in their teenage days?

Zimmerman was accused of being a racist by his own cousin. He rang the police on 47 separate occassions to report suspicious activities involving black males. He was clearly a racist.

Zimmerman has been involved in domestic battery, accused of child molestation and became violent with a police officer before. How anyone can defend him while attacking that poor kid's character I'll never know...

Bogota wrote: »

He had been in trouble at school for marijuana and getting in a few fights, if that defines a scumbag then I'd argue that 50% of Irish males would be classed as scumbags! Who hasn't smoked weed and gotten in a fight in their teenage days?

Zimmerman was accused of being a racist by his own cousin. He rang the police on 47 separate occassions to report suspicious activities involving black males. He was clearly a racist.

Zimmerman has been involved in domestic battery, accused of child molestation and became violent with a police officer before. How anyone can defend him while attacking that poor kid's character I'll never know...

Zimmerman and his wife worked with disadvantaged black children and his best friend was black. I'd wager from my post time and yours you did not watch the video I posted. I suggest you watch it. Also Zimmerman was not white but Hispanic.

valknut wrote: »
    Whether he's a scumbag who knows, but shooting that kid was not an act of scumbagery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNiPoCGz8c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You do realise who the author of that video is, right?

He rang the police on 47 separate occassions to report suspicious activities involving black males. He was clearly a racist.
    You think? What percentage of his call to the police mention black males? 50%? 80%?

http://www.motherjones.com/documents/327330-george-zimmerrman-911-call-history

You would think he was a obsessed racist by this report. "a man obsessed with law and order, with the minutiae of suburban life, and with black males."

In fact - these 47 calls only mention black people 5 times in 47 calls. Just 10% of his calls to police over a period going back to 2004.
    Zimmerman has been involved in domestic battery,
    When?
    accused of child molestation
    Oh, must be guilty then right?
    became violent with a police officer before.
    Argued with a cop when he was a young kid.

You are really going to some lengths here to make him who you want him to be. Truth is he isn't who you want him to be, and these lies don't make it so.
    How anyone can defend him while attacking that poor kid's character I'll never know...

Martin was visting his father Tracy Martin in Sanford, Florida after receiving a ten-day suspension from Krop Senior High School. The suspension stemmed from the discovery of drug residue in Martin's book bag.

That's a fact.

Here's also the evidence from pictures from his cellphone and texts. Watch the second video.

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/articles/2013/05/24/trayvon-martins-texts-matter-george-zimmerman-defense-attorneys-say

Draw your own conclusions.

• Advertisement

You do realise who the author of that video is, right?

I do indeed, have read two of his books. That could have been opera who made that video and my opinion would still be the same. Did you watch the video?

valknut wrote: »
    I do indeed, have read two of his books. That could have been opera who made that video and my opinion would still be the same. Did you watch the video?

No.. I'm not going to spend 30 seconds listening to that man speak let alone 30 minutes.

Besides, I don't think I'll have my views on racial issues changed by a former grand wizard of the KKK.

You realise if an American cop holds you by the sleeve and you pull away, that's assault and resisting arrest.

He was charged with "CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE" what does that tell you.

No.. I'm not going to spend 30 seconds listening to that man speak let alone 30 minutes.

Besides, I don't think I'll have my views on racial issues changed by a former grand wizard of the KKK.

Well if that's the way you feel fair enough. But you should know he is not proud of his Klan roots and has often condemned them. He is a racial realist not a racist, he believes every race has a right to preserve its heritage.

Whatever about his past this video is well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Here's a good video about the case for those who missed it:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Media jump the gun again: Giddy reports George Zimmerman ‘arrested’ for pointing gun at wife appear to be false

http://twitchy.com/2013/09/09/media-jump-the-gun-again-giddy-reports-george-zimmerman-arrested-for-pointing-weapon-at-wife-appear-to-be-false/

Jake1 wrote: »

We may see more evidence, but listening to that 911 call she sounds very calm through all of that and frankly, a little dramatic. You can pretty much an expect angry confrontation when you out someones location who has been receiving death threats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Thought this was a Bob Dylan thread, humph :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Jake1 wrote: »

Good to see someone read the article before jumping on the band wagon.

• Advertisement

"And he's going to shoot us,"

I'm unconvinced he actually said that...sounds prompted by the dispatchers question if you listen to the call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm unconvinced he actually said that...sounds prompted by the dispatchers question if you listen to the call.

............. Dublin ............... :D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    is this the bloke who invented facebook?

No, no its the guy who did the music for the Batman films.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

jd007 wrote: »
    No, no its the guy who did the music for the Batman films.

Bono?

............. Dublin ............... :D

*backs away slowly*

After being seen on cctv defacing school property he was searched, he was found to be carrying a flat head screwdriver and 12 pieces of jewellery which he denied was his. He was suspected of being involved in local burglaries. The kid was a scumbag, like it or not and if he hadn't been somewhere he shouldn't have been he might still be alive. Lets not loose the run of ourselves hand wringing for a dead scumbag.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

After being seen on cctv defacing school property he was searched, he was found to be carrying a flat head screwdriver and 12 pieces of jewellery which he denied was his. He was suspected of being involved in local burglaries. The kid was a scumbag, like it or not and if he hadn't been somewhere he shouldn't have been he might still be alive. Lets not loose the run of ourselves hand wringing for a dead scumbag.

Was he not visiting his father in the area at the time? Did he have any burglary equipment on him when he was killed? I can't remember the details fully but I gathered this was not a case of "he was up to no good" at the time he was shot.

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

donvito99 wrote: »
    not everyone who's assisted in a road accident (lots of us here I should think) has shot someone dead though. I think the bad far, far outweighs the good.

You're right. He should have let the other scumbag beat him to death and not take any actions.

yoyo wrote: »
    Was he not visiting his father in the area at the time? Did he have any burglary equipment on him when he was killed? I can't remember the details fully but I gathered this was not a case of "he was up to no good" at the time he was shot.

Nick
    To be entirely honest, as bad as it may sound, I don't actually care. I just hate seeing a scumbag being canonised by the public and the media. It's sh*t like that which means there will never be a truly equal society. So long as people keep wanting to play the race card.

To be entirely honest, as bad as it may sound, I don't actually care. I just hate seeing a scumbag being canonised by the public and the media. It's sh*t like that which means there will never be a truly equal society. So long as people keep wanting to play the race card.

Yeah you see the thing is we mainly hear the "racial aspect" from those seeking to demonise Zimmerman.

Meanwhile we have events such as a one year old shot by two gang members barely making the news.

The colour of the participants in the Zimmerman case is only of interest in the fact that they were not of the same race.

• Advertisement
Advertisement