Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zimmermann at it again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

I said this kind of "use" is not known to cause damage. Please read my point more carefully. Again, please post any studies/papers/physiology/pathology texts that would expain this damage. As I said, pubmed, physiology or pathology textbooks that I have at hand do not mention this at all. However, I am only one man with a few minutes to spare. I will admit I am wrong when you send me those texts/studies.

The damage does not vary. There is no damage, until you show that leaning will give you liver damage.

ingredients: I did not say they are not used. But they are not the 'usual suspects'. Like if someone was buying chicken and rice, and you say 'AHA! they are also using a 'wrap' to make a food known as a 'burrito', which they are known to eat'. That is a reach, as the person is probably making chicken and rice.

robittusin ( the drug that guy has in the video) doesn't even have codeine. but as some intern probably just searched for cough syrup, I don't think this point matters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Yes, I missed the "use".....apologies for that.

lol@ "leaning"....I'll ask again: Are you a user of this stuff? Strange to hear a term like that?

I don't need to provide anything to back up Trayvon's drug usage, his own texts confirmed that.

You can fire away with what you have, however!

Jezek wrote: »

Your link is useless to me, doesn't open.

Also: who said that this concoction was the sole reason for Trayvon's aggression anyways? It was just more background on him and the lifestyle he led.

Have you seen this video yet? Well worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF-Ax5E8EJc

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Yes, I missed the "use".....apologies for that.

lol@ "leaning"....I'll ask again: Are you a user of this stuff? Strange to hear a term like that?

I don't need to provide anything to back us Trayvon's drug usage, his own texts confirmed that.

You can fire away with what you have, however!

You are not my doctor, so ask away, but it's none of your business and you won't get an answer. Also 1-st hand experience using a drug does not give you evidence, it gives you anecdotes.

Also please again, read my post more carefully:

You said the liver damage was consistent with him taking lean. I said no it's not. I even searched for this mechanism of action or any studies looking at it. Couldn't find any evidence that taking lean causes liver damage. But I cannot prove a negative however much I try.

So it's up to you to prove that this habit will cause this liver damage!

You are not my doctor, so ask away, but it's none of your business and you won't get an answer. Also 1-st hand experience using a drug does not give you evidence, it gives you anecdotes.

Also please again, read my post more carefully:

You said the liver damage was consistent with him taking lean. I said no it's not. I even searched for this mechanism of action or any studies looking at it. Couldn't find any evidence that taking lean causes liver damage. But I cannot prove a negative however much I try.

So it's up to you to prove that this habit will cause this liver damage!

:D Your refusal to answer amuses me.

And here is what I actually said, not at all what you have claimed. Maybe take your own advice to read more carefully:
    Skittles/candy/ice tea are known ingredients in a homemade intoxicant known as "DRANK".

Trayvon texts confirmed he was a known user of it.

Also, his autopsy confirmed liver problems, a possible consequence of his drug usage.

Sorry about the link, I am subscribed to MIMS, I think you can do the same for free? Or just google promethazine and codeine side effects. I don't wanna copy and paste a huge wall of text . In any case you can get mental status changes (delirium), extremely rarely as part of a syndrome called neuroleptic malignant syndrome but which will also make you too ill to be out and about.

"Also, his autopsy confirmed liver problems, a possible consequence of his drug usage. "

this is your claim. I say it doesnt stand. I looked and cannot see that it is a possible consequence!

"Also, his autopsy confirmed liver problems, a possible consequence of his drug usage. "

this is your claim. I say it doesnt stand. I looked and cannot see that it is a possible consequence!

Yes,my claim is that a 17 year old Trayvon Martin, who's autopsy revealed he had something called a 'fatty liver' , could have arrived at that state with the help of his history (from at least 2011) of using a homemade intoxicant called LEAN/PURPLE DRANK.

Again: I did not claim this was the only reason, so stop the crap.

Ps: Watch this bit of the video I posted above, if you watch nothing else:

6:45 to 10:37

As we figured....much ado about nothing.
    ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — George Zimmerman asked a judge on Monday to change the terms of his bond so he can have contact with the girlfriend he's accused of assaulting.

Zimmerman filed an affidavit from his girlfriend that says she doesn't want him charged with aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief.

In the signed affidavit, Samantha Scheibe — referring to Zimmerman as "my boyfriend" — said that detectives misinterpreted what she said and that she hasn't been coerced into the request.

Zimmerman was arrested last month after Scheibe accused him in a call to 911 of pointing a gun at her, smashing a coffee table and pushing her outside. Zimmerman also called dispatchers, denied pointing a gun at her and blamed her for the broken table.

"I am not afraid of George in any manner and I want to be with him," Scheibe said in the affidavit.

Prosecutors could continue with the case despite Scheibe's request.

Lynne Bumpus Hooper, a spokeswoman for the State Attorney's Office, said in an email that prosecutors can and have gone on in domestic cases without victim cooperation.

She said prosecutors take into account the victim's wishes, law enforcement reports, physical evidence, other witnesses, victim credibility, defendant statements, 911 calls and medical records. But she also said a case becomes more difficult to prove if prosecutors don't have a victim's testimony and he or she is the only witness.

Zimmerman's Miami-based defense lawyer, Jayne Weintraub, said in a phone interview that her motion focuses on getting rid of the no-contact order between Zimmerman and Scheibe but that she wants the State Attorney's Office to reconsider the entire case in light of Scheibe's statement.

"I'm hoping that the prosecutors will take a good hard look at this and take the target off of George's back and drop the charges," Weintraub said.

She said a hearing will be scheduled in the near future to discuss the motion and affidavit.

Zimmerman was acquitted of any crime last summer in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

http://news.yahoo.com/girlfriend-wants-charges-dropped-against-zimmerman-223502391.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You could not make this up

Credit to Hazys for mentioning it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

You could not make this up

Credit to Hazys for mentioning it

Will certainly be an interesting watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Has disaster written all over it. Just going to be painted as a white vs Black fight. ... media will love it but I think it's going to do a lot of damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Might save the sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

How else can Zimmerman legally make money? Who could hire him? Even though he was proven in a court of law to have broken no law and to have acted in self defence, at least half of America despises him.

If you think Zimmerman is a scumbag, read what DMZ (his opponent) said he was going to do to Zimmerman.

The media made Zimmerman out to be a racist, and unfortunately it stuck.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    How else can Zimmerman legally make money? Who could hire him? Even though he was proven in a court of law to have broken no law and to have acted in self defence, at least half of America despises him.

If you think Zimmerman is a scumbag, read what DMZ (his opponent) said he was going to do to Zimmerman.

That's not true. No court proves that a person is 'innocent', they decide whether or not there's enough evidence to prove they are guilty.
    The media made Zimmerman out to be a racist, and unfortunately it stuck.
    He's not doing many favours for himself by coming up with ideas like this though, is he? Zimmerman is marketable, and make no mistake that he knows this. He seems to be settling in just fine to the image the media are apparently responsible for painting of him.

Surely there's someone around him that could tell him that this idea shows him as the mentally challenged idiot he is.

That's not true. No court proves that a person is 'innocent', they decide whether or not there's enough evidence to prove they are guilty.

He's not doing many favours for himself by coming up with ideas like this though, is he? Zimmerman is marketable, and make no mistake that he knows this. He seems to be settling in just fine to the image the media are apparently responsible for painting of him.

Surely there's someone around him that could tell him that this idea shows him as the mentally challenged idiot he is.

Not guilty usually means innocent to most people, even if not technically. And he was innocent of the charges.

As if this was his idea, please. :rolleyes: But the proceeds go to charity, do they not? What's wrong with that?

and lol@ your hate and name-calling re:Zimmerman.
    Very strange for someone you don't know.

Not guilty usually means innocent to most people, even if not technically. And he was innocent of the charges.

As if this was his idea, please. :rolleyes: But the proceeds go to charity, do they not? What's wrong with that?

and lol@ your hate and name-calling re:Zimmerman.
    Very strange for someone you don't know.

He said it was his idea. Are you disputing his authenticity?

GTFO with your charity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

DMX probably thinks he's fighting Bob Dylan.

• Advertisement

He said it was his idea. Are you disputing his authenticity?

GTFO with your charity

Yes he did, but I am sure others around him made suggestions ;)

Why ought I 'GTFO' with "my charity", lol....you have something against charity?

Yes he did, but I am sure others around him made suggestions ;)

So is he lying or not when he says it's his own idea?
    Why ought I 'GTFO' with "my charity", lol....you have something against charity?

I have something against scumbags selling their own scumbag agendas in the name of charity.

So is he lying or not when he says it's his own idea?

I have something against scumbags selling their own scumbag agendas in the name of charity.

I am guessing someone planted the idea, but who knows, maybe he did?

Seems like a fun way to make some money for charity :)

lol@ "mentally challenged idiot" and now "scumbag".....you sound like you need a cup of tea and a biscuit.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

CNN wrote:
    George Zimmerman to fight rapper DMX in celebrity boxing bout

George Zimmerman is a celebrity? :confused:

lol@ "mentally challenged idiot" and now "scumbag".....you sound like you need a cup of tea and a biscuit.

lol @ yourself bouncing between him being an honest and upstanding member of society, and one who is weak willed, easilly led and coerced into stuff like this.

I simply believe that he is a mentally challenged scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

lol @ yourself bouncing between him being an honest and upstanding member of society, and one who is weak willed, easilly led and coerced into stuff like this.

Don't forget in his defense he had his mma trainer come in and say he couldn't fight anyone and he was very nervous, he must have got some confidence after killing someone. Will he be allowed a gun in match?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Probably the overreaction here is because some anti-Hispanics don't like brown lads.

I wonder why I even know about a Hispanic on black self defence or murder which took place 3000 miles away.

What a bizarre and amusing interpretation of what I actually said.
    I just think people see money to be made in George's notoriety, and this is one of the first fruits of it.

And oh, I am sure everyone who knows you thinks you an eloquent genius
    :pac:

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Will he be allowed a gun in match?

Will his opponent be permitted to bash his head into concrete repeatedly?

I see he already says he will "urinate on his face" if he wins.

Charming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Zaph wrote: »
    George Zimmerman is a celebrity? :confused:

Never heard of George, when I read the thread title I thought Bob? Phil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Zimmerman better hope he doesn't kill another black guy in self-defense....

• Advertisement

Zimmerman better hope he doesn't kill another black guy in self-defense....

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

MSNBC and co. will want him hanged maybe?

MSNBC and co. will want him hanged maybe?

:D They already do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Read my post again. I never said he was found innocent. I said he was found to have broken no laws.

I will agree with you however that he isn't covering himself in glory since the incident.

Will his opponent be permitted to bash his head into concrete repeatedly?

I see he already says he will "urinate on his face" if he wins.

Charming.

Seems like the evidence his trainer gave in the trial is no longer part of his character. Amazing that isn't it. Harmless and terrified man seeks boxing match with whomever he can find.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

its a non story ffs, man shoots some one ( in america)

cops investigate and find no crime but self defense

black community scream racism so cops are forced to arrest him despite no evidence and drag him before jury by federal government

jury looks at all the evidence and finds him not guilty

black community is unhappy and goes on rampage. its a old story

the only one with issues here is the liberal media and associated idiots

The major problem was the cops didn't investigate it until serious pressure was put on them. He wasn't even arrested after the incident. He never even underwent a toxicology report.

His MMA instructor said he was harmless and weak (which was a huge part of his defence) and now he wants to take part in a boxing match.

The major problem was the cops didn't investigate it until serious pressure was put on them. He wasn't even arrested after the incident. He never even underwent a toxicology report.

His MMA instructor said he was harmless and weak (which was a huge part of his defence) and now he wants to take part in a boxing match.

"Zimmerman was subsequently taken into custody, treated for head injuries, then questioned for five hours. The police chief said that Zimmerman was released because there was no evidence to refute Zimmerman's claim of having acted in self-defense, and that under Florida's Stand Your Ground statute, the police were prohibited by law from making an arrest.[18] The police chief also said that Zimmerman had had a right to defend himself with lethal force"

certain people didn't get the result they wanted so they created their own facts :confused::confused::confused:

"Zimmerman was subsequently taken into custody, treated for head injuries, then questioned for five hours. The police chief said that Zimmerman was released because there was no evidence to refute Zimmerman's claim of having acted in self-defense, and that under Florida's Stand Your Ground statute, the police were prohibited by law from making an arrest.[18] The police chief also said that Zimmerman had had a right to defend himself with lethal force"

certain people didn't get the result they wanted so they created their own facts :confused::confused::confused:

No toxicology report was done. After you shoot and kill someone it would be expected that the police would exhaust every possible scenario. He was given a pat on the back and told to head home without proper procedure being followed.

He was given a pat on the back and told to head home without proper procedure being followed.

Yes, a pat on the back after Trayvon had given his head far more than a pat. :rolleyes:

I can't believe people are still hating on this guy, lol.

• Advertisement

No toxicology report was done. After you shoot and kill someone it would be expected that the police would exhaust every possible scenario. He was given a pat on the back and told to head home without proper procedure being followed.

did you not read what i posted ?? he was arrested and held for 5 hours !

what does toxicology have to do with it ? wasnt the victim a drug user and thief ? "

didn't a test of the victim show drugs preset ?

did you not read what i posted ?? he was arrested and held for 5 hours !

what does toxicology have to do with it ? wasnt the victim a drug user and thief ? "

didn't a test of the victim show drugs preset ?

He wasn't arrested. He was questioned. Well if someone kills someone it would be important to get all the evidence possible in case of a trial. This evidence was not collected.

and what does this mean ?" Zimmerman was subsequently taken into custody"?

if this happened in Ireland no sample would be taken either , why would it be ? no crime was committed no conviction no jail term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

he's a nasty piece of work, martan case aside

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

black community scream racism so cops are forced to arrest him despite no evidence and drag him before jury by federal government

jury looks at all the evidence and finds him not guilty

black community is unhappy and goes on rampage. its a old story

the only one with issues here is the liberal media and associated idiots
    it was not enough evidence, not no evidence, he got lucky, it was a 50 50 case

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

it was not enough evidence, not no evidence, he got lucky, it was a 50 50 case

No it wasn't. He was lucky Trayvon didn't kill him though.

would he trayvon martin have been brought to court on such sparse evidence then do you think ?

would zimmerman have become such a big name in history?

cant help but think that people heard a black kid had been killed by some one called zimmerman and they though WHITE MAN !

you are right a badly handled case by prosecution but the evidence wasn't there either so what could they do ? its not like he got off on a technicality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

And seen as most countries operate under innocence until prove guilty. A non guilty person is an innocence person.

Your prayers have been heard :) :
    Breaking! The DMX/George Zimmerman Celeb Boxing Match Has Been Canceled

Melissa Melton

The Daily Sheeple

February 8th, 2014

In case you were looking forward to another divisive national distraction from what’s actually going on in this country, it has just been announced that the upcoming celebrity boxing match between rapper DMX and George Zimmerman, the man acquitted in the White House-made media storm Trayvon Martin case, has been officially canceled according to an LA Times report:

“This was the wrong person to put in the ring and define celebrity boxing,” Damon Feldman said Saturday on Twitter, referring to Zimmerman. He said he was scrapping plans because “I’d rather be happy and make people happy.”

Never mind the fact that we live in a reality where this would even happen in the first place.

(Also, never mind that reverse Trayvon/Zimmerman acquittal case you’ve still likely never heard of…)

Somewhere, the world’s smallest violin is playing for that one guy pining the LA Times comment section that he “really wanted to see it”.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming…

read full article at source: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/the-d...anceled_022014

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

diomed wrote: »
    I think this thread will split into pro-gun and anti-gun. :rolleyes:

Just on page 1 meself.
    Was thinking the same thing and hey presto, the un-named arrives to fix the world. (again).

Edit. just clicked on some of the later pages and the un-named is still going full steam, must be tired ranting at this stage so Ill speak on their behalf.

Just on page 1 meself.

Oh so because theres a page 1 that automatically means theres a page 2

Was thinking the same thing
    A clear sign of thoughtless bias.
    and hey presto, the un-named arrives
    By default the un-named is already designated with a name, proof that you're a part of the unreasonable anti-gun lobby. When you say 'hey presto' its clear you're suggesting some kind of co-incidence, show me where if you can....Im betting you cant.
    to fix the world
    Well maybe the world does need to be fixed.

(again).
    Can you point to where I previously fixed it. Further bending of the truth.

Advertisement