Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" tv with freesat hd tuner

Options
  • 09-09-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭

The young fella whacked the tv with the remote this eve and the screen is f*cked. Tv is 6 years old anyway, so reckon I'll just replace it. My present set-up was tv (analogue tuner only), Humax Fox T2 box and a Lidl FTA box. If I have to replace the tv, I'd like to lose one of the boxes. However, I'm quite attached to the Humax (it records and series links for me and I love the UI, so have no desire to get rid.) However, I am looking for an excuse to lose the FTA box.

I've had a flick through this forum and looked at argos uk and currys, but have found nothing fitting the bill. I'm after a tv 32" - 40" with built-in freesat tuner. The option to record or even attach a usb to do it would be great, but not necessary. I don't need HD and smart tv would be nice, but not a deal-breaker. I doubt I'll find more than €500 to cover it.

Thanks in advance for any help and if I missed a thread on this, please redirect me!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Actual Freesat branded products that can access the 7-day Freesat EPG, can be found here. Only Samsung & Panasonic are currently making Freesat tvs.

Other makes have integrated satellite tuners but with a 'now & next' guide, like the Lidl receiver. LG make a few: examples here & here among others, not all with smart or recording features.

The Powercity website seems to be the only place that clearly labels tvs as having a satellite tuner. It's a good place to find the relevant model nos.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

I know the walker FTA/SAORVIEW boxes have a SATFREE guide which mimics the FREESAT guide and channel list (there's a thread here about them http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056628216&page=22). I have an older walker FTA box (no saorview) and it does Freesat quite well with a fairly basic but decent UI (with PVR also). Walker also make TV's with satellite tuners & saorview now though so perhaps their TV's also have this facility? I know Powercity sell them so they may be able to let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Other makes have integrated satellite tuners but with a 'now & next' guide, like the Lidl receiver. LG make a few

Every one of the latest LG models I've checked on their site is listed as having 2 RF inputs. Would seem they've made satellite tuners standard? In UK & Ireland anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Actual Freesat branded products that can access the 7-day Freesat EPG, can be found here. Only Samsung & Panasonic are currently making Freesat tvs.

Other makes have integrated satellite tuners but with a 'now & next' guide, like the Lidl receiver. LG make a few: examples here & here among others, not all with smart or recording features.

The Powercity website seems to be the only place that clearly labels tvs as having a satellite tuner. It's a good place to find the relevant model nos.

Thanks for those links, some eye-watering prices for 32" though, may have to let go of my Humax box anyway, way cheaper to get a set with Freeview HD built in....aaagh.

The two LGs you linked to only mention Freeview HD, am I missing something?

The two LGs you linked to only mention Freeview HD, am I missing something?

The satellite tuner in these tvs isn't exactly well advertised. You'll find the 32LN570U here, among a couple of others clearly labeled 'Saorview & Satellite'.

• Advertisement

Every one of the latest LG models I've checked on their site is listed as having 2 RF inputs. Would seem they've made satellite tuners standard? In UK & Ireland anyway?

Yes, under 'Jack Pack (Rear)', the current models just seem to have 'RF in: 2', whereas older models might have something like 'RF in: 2 (T/C, S2) or 1 (T2/C)'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

The satellite tuner in these tvs isn't exactly well advertised. You'll find the 32LN570U here, among a couple of others clearly labeled 'Saorview & Satellite'.

It really isn't! Thanks again. That looks like a decent one and the price is reasonable, must go compare. Samsung or LG are my preferred brands. Has the Freeview HD tuner too, but think I'll be sticking with my box as I'd imagine recording on one tuner while watching the other isn't possible.

Advertisement