Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beerfest at the harvest fest

Options
  • 09-09-2013 9:04pm
    Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭

so i know that the idea is that its craft beers and i cant wait for it
    :)

the issue is the girlfriend's drinking style is more of a sweeter taste. she prefers the wkds and smirnoff ice and all that crap.

do ye know if they will have other drinks aside from beer at the beerfest??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

They had cider last year and wine I think

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

Basically its most of the Porterhouse ranges plus Metalman, Dungarvan Brewing Comp, Carlow Brewing Comp, White Gypsy(Tipperary) and Dingle Distillers. So they'll be a range.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Looking forward to it. Missed the Beer festival in the RDS last weekend so this should be perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

So if I go in before 7:30pm I get in for free but if I go after its €10 but I get a meal voucher. How much is the meal does anyone know if I get in for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

cannot wait for it, plenty of metalmans down there. might try the stuff from tipp too as I have never tasted/saw that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Are Metalman bottling yet?

Great stuff, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,545 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

looder wrote: »
    Are Metalman bottling yet?

Great stuff, it is.

Unfortunately not. Bumped into Grainne in the excellent Ferrybank off licence a couple of weeks back and was asking her to get the bottling going.

I remember last year at their beer sampling event in the Harvest Festival they were saying it just isnt economically viable

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lughlamhfada

Max Powers wrote: »
    cannot wait for it, plenty of metalmans down there. might try the stuff from tipp too as I have never tasted/saw that

White Gypsy beers are horrible. Under no circumstances should you drink any before Saturday evening until I make sure its OK for public consumption ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orwellian

Can you buy tickets somewhere other than online ? and if someone is there before 7:30pm do they have to leave at 7:30pm and then buy a ticket ? beacuse if its full before 7:30pm there would be no room for ticket holders ,

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭untouchable

do you need to pre buy a ticket or can you just pay at the gate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Where is this on lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Where is this on lads
    Bolton Street Car Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

Time and dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Thanks for the information appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Anyone go last night?

so can i just show up and pay at the gate or do i need to pre book??

You can just show up

cant wait for it. been looking forward to tonight all week. allowing myself a night out on the booze :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Was just over there for a quick drink and bite to eat. Not too much food available, burgers and paella etc. I got a chili burger for €5 which wasn't anything special, but I guess they need to make their money back.

Nice selection of craft drinks, nearly all ales and stouts, though there are a couple of lagers and cocktails too. Pints €5, half pints €2.50. I tried the Metal Man Wheat Beer (but it's also an ale?) which was okay to drink, but I didn't like the after taste at all, but then I don't like ale anyway.

Nice setup there, huge marquee with plenty of seating, band stage is just outside. I'd say it'll be good craic later anyway, heard the music last night and it sounded decent.

I wonder about the City Council.... it's €10 in to this after 7.30pm and at €5 a pint it's a pricey enough night if you were hard up. I know the costs involved are big and they probably spent a load on marketing which has been good. Not a ripoff by any means but maybe they could have charged a fiver in and set drink to pub prices (around €4 a pint).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

I would say the reason it is a fiver a pint , as this would be Dublin prices, and as it is been organised by a Dublin events company, they have
    not got a clue about Waterford prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

At a fiver a pint, i think I will be bringing a large handbag with me , with my own stock of local beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

moans3536 wrote: »
    At a fiver a pint, i think I will be bringing a large handbag with me , with my own stock of local beers.

Hopefully you'll be caught and booted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Stupid if metal man is a fiver when it's not that in pubs.

JPA wrote: »
    Stupid if metal man is a fiver when it's not that in pubs.

Beer at daytripper was a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

re: prices, beer is always 5€ at these things, outdoor events, concerts etc.

I was down there last night and I thought it was organised absolutely brilliantly, plenty of great beers to try, great music, seating and toilets arrangements were great. nice little selection of foods.

People on here have been saying an event like this would be great and yet when push came to shove, the people of Waterford didn't support it as well as they should. there was a decent crowd down there but there was plenty of spaces. The 'f-all to do in town' crowd on here and in public in general should get down there and realise that an event like this is a gift and could even be bigger/better if people would bother their ar$e supporting some stuff, opening their mind a little instead of complaining about the minute details or the small premium you pay for stuff at all of these type of events. Alas, they would rather bitch and moan, I find it pathetic, are we ever gonna get out of this hole when you have this attitude and inaction so prevalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,545 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Good night down there last night, thought the set up was really decent and a nice range of beers. Was a good crowd but not a great crowd. Prices are fine, fiver is standard enough for these sort of things. Got a lovely sausage and potato punnet from one of the stands.

Only disappointment was the location of the stage, would have been better if it was inside or facing into the tent.

Hope it gets a bigger crowd tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

invalid wrote: »
    Beer at daytripper was a fiver

Are madness playing at it too..
    .3€ a pint is enough seen its a tenner in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Christ lads if it was the standard muck on offer such as Heineken or bud then €5 would be expensive but given the set up and the fact that craft beers are more expensive then €5 is bang on the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

O Riain wrote: »
    Christ lads if it was the standard muck on offer such as Heineken or bud then €5 would be expensive but given the set up and the fact that craft beers are more expensive then €5 is bang on the money.

I think the event is great but a blanket €5 charge is not necessary. Craft beers are more expensive but Metalman always has a lower price because they don't have the expense of bottling.
    I'm not criticising the event, I will be in after, I'm just saying charging entry plus increasing the price is not necessary.
    Now maybe charging €5 is handy for the staff and is part of their thinking but more reasonable prices also breeds good will.

Advertisement