Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband technical details? Down Speed / Uptime / Latency?

• 09-09-2013 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Just wondering if any users have Sky Broadband in Dublin and what's their experience?

Latency is a big one, as I play games online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Et Cetera wrote: »
    Just wondering if any users have Sky Broadband in Dublin and what's their experience?

Latency is a big one, as I play games online.

I have it in Kildare but i'm guessing thats not much good for you.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2956709812

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Et Cetera

Ah that's grand, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its DSL, ask your neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,570 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Anyone having severe issues with their Sky DSL over the last few days? Their service has always been inconsistent, to say the least. I'm in Cobh and have been getting c. 6Mb speeds off peak and peak speeds steadily declining to about 1.5 Mb. However, in the last few days my peak speeds have dropped to only c. 0.6 Mb. Anyone else experiencing similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Yeah similar problems. Same issues that plagued the service from April-May. I guess there aren't that many complaints because most people have moved onto fibre :(

You would think they would have the bandwidth to spare with everyone on fibre now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I have it too and getting a steady 6.5 meg pretty consistently even at peak times. Even using more than one device at a time. Can't fault it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Anyone having severe issues with their Sky DSL over the last few days? Their service has always been inconsistent, to say the least. I'm in Cobh and have been getting c. 6Mb speeds off peak and peak speeds steadily declining to about 1.5 Mb. However, in the last few days my peak speeds have dropped to only c. 0.6 Mb. Anyone else experiencing similar?

Yes. Last 3 or 4 days have been excruiatingly slow. Pings of 900ms and download speed of 0.97mb/s

Can't wait to switch back to eircom once my contract is up!

Advertisement