Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas stuff in the shops!

Options
  • 09-09-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Lads, the countdown is on! :D

Noticed the big tins of sweets in Dunnes, half price, on Friday.

Was in the North yesterday and a good rake of food out already: mince pies, puds, sweets, selection boxes. Was sooooooooooooo tempted to bring mince pies :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bget

Was in Tesco in Jervais Centre in Dublin last week and they had all their chocolate santys out then in pennys in the mens section they have christmas jumpers in for €15.. they are gorgeous.. serious tempted to buy one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Will definitely be checking out the Christmas jumpers in Penny's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Was looking in Penneys at the jumpers and noticed they had really cool Reindeer slippers and even better musical, light up Christmas ties.

Needless to say, I bought one!! Can't wait to wear it!

Pang wrote: »
    Was looking in Penneys at the jumpers and noticed they had really cool Reindeer slippers and even better musical, light up Christmas ties.

Needless to say, I bought one!! Can't wait to wear it!

We need PICTURES!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

20130915_230310.jpg

Here is the picture of the musical tie! Sorry for the crap lighting! It's so cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

:( hate living abroad without Penneys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I was in Dealz today, they've got some Halloween and Christmas things in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Really pumpkinseeds? Must make my way in for a nosy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭I carried a watermelon

Just noticed that Next have Christmas stuff on their website now.
    The kids Xmas clothes are gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Picked up a can of "Mulled Wine & Cinnamon Apple" air freshener earler - O/H out so I went a bit mad spraying it everywhere......:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Bought this onesie from Next today for Christmas Eve. I like it because it looks old fashioned and its cotton, so it won't be too warm. Can't wait to wear it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Pennys have awesome goodies, reindeer,christmas trees and I forget but they are really fluffy and the reindeer has a bell!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Pennys have awesome goodies, reindeer,christmas trees and I forget but they are really fluffy and the reindeer has a bell!

Will have to be a trip there soon enough ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

by goodies I meant hoodies...

They also have little kids christmas babygros and dresses,aggh is it bad I regret not buying a reindeer hoodie?:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Yankee Candle shops have 25% off their Christmas stock. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Has anyone seen Christmas crackers in shops yet? Looking for some for the weekend!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

neemish wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Christmas crackers in shops yet? Looking for some for the weekend!

Try tesco or dunnes. Your best chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Loughc wrote: »
    Try tesco or dunnes. Your best chance :)

Tesco won't have them in until after Halloween. Will have a look in Dunne :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Ask around friends and family, you would be surprised who might have some lying around from last year. I know we have a pack sitting on top of the cupboard from last year cos we forgot about them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Ask around friends and family, you would be surprised who might have some lying around from last year. I know we have a pack sitting on top of the cupboard from last year cos we forgot about them!

Used to happen regualarly to my Mam, she'd buy crackers in January when they were on sale and forget she had them and buy more in December haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I've done that with Christmas cards too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The 'Calendar Club' shop is open on Grafton Street. It is officially the season to be jolly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Grabone have a deal on a Yankee candle Christmas set, candles and festive holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I saw them in BT in Cork last week. Nice but a bit pricey. I would imagine you might get them in M&S or even Woodies as they now have their Christmas stock in.

The Orchard garden centre in Celbridge have christmas stuff:)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭I carried a watermelon

Debenhams are selling 50% off Xmas crackers on their website, 31 reduced down to 15.50. They might have them in store too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Walked into Woodies in Swords today and these guys were looking at me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Alicat wrote: »
    Walked into Woodies in Swords today and these guys were looking at me....

Yay! Was in there on Sunday and nada! I specifically went in there to see something Christmassey following previous years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Ann Grey53

Thats it now lads you have me sold am heading to Penneys tomorrow to check it out for myself.

Thanks will be in touch.:)

Advertisement