Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Mobile Non Compliance with Comreg Regulations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Meteor have three weeks to respond, I wouldn't get too excited before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

No excitement just yet but they have still been found lacking whereby they never notified customers, in which they are obliged, when they changed the contractual condition to give customers the option of "opting out".

Saying that, they will probably extend paper billing to keep customers locked into their contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can I assume that I will be either offered by Meteor to withdraw from my contract if I do not accept the changes to my contract or Comreg will apply to the Courts to ensure Meteor offer this option?

Can anyone clarify this?

The problem wasn't not allowing the leaving of the contract, but more that they did make it clear that you could leave if you wished, and if you requested to do in the time frame they would have had to allow you. The current situation is a grey area, as they may with draw from the change and go back as normal not allowing you the option, given the now awareness this may be the smarter thing for their benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Davy wrote: »
    The problem wasn't not allowing the leaving of the contract, but more that they did make it clear that you could leave if you wished, and if you requested to do in the time frame they would have had to allow you. The current situation is a grey area, as they may with draw from the change and go back as normal not allowing you the option, given the now awareness this may be the smarter thing for their benefit.

Was never mentioned at all here

http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/meteor-paperless-billing-terms-and-conditions/

I was on paper billing but now get paperless bills

Is it likely that meteor will have to re-state and publicise that I could choose to quit without charge if I don't accept the new terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Keeping a close eye on this. Recently came into a new work phone/contract while still having 12 months to go on my meteor contract!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The journal says you can opt out without penalty, this is wrong you have to give phone back, that's a penalty.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    The journal says you can opt out without penalty, this is wrong you have to give phone back, that's a penalty.

Where'd you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Would quite happily give my phone back to get out of my current contract!

Where'd you see that?

The journal,its at start of post .

The journal,its at start of post .

I meant where did you see you have to return the phone?
    That's not mentioned in the journal

Meteor themselves said they've no update to customers yet if they can or can't exit their contracts
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057036379

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Last time this happened with Meteor, you didn't have to give the phone back.
    I hope it applies again, I'd like to get out of my current contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

I called up today after speaking with ComReg. ComReg instructed me to file a formal complaint and wait 10 days.
    Was told by Meteor Customer Care that since I joined in April my contract already included the provisions.

I requested a copy of my contract and got back in touch with ComReg.
    They are contacting Meteor on my behalf.
    I've now to wait for contact from Meteor or ComReg on the matter.

I called up today after speaking with ComReg. ComReg instructed me to file a formal complaint and wait 10 days.
    Was told by Meteor Customer Care that since I joined in April my contract already included the provisions.

I requested a copy of my contract and got back in touch with ComReg.
    They are contacting Meteor on my behalf.
    I've now to wait for contact from Meteor or ComReg on the matter.

Does anyone have a link to what has actually changed that invoked the right to terminate the contract

I meant where did you see you have to return the phone?
    That's not mentioned in the journal

Meteor themselves said they've no update to customers yet if they can or can't exit their contracts
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057036379

In general you have to return the handset,ive asked on several occasions when the terms changed,if you dont its a bonus and im gone,been with meteor a long time and fed up with the constant data issue,this is something the comreg alone should be dealing with.

But comreg are useless the stipulation is that due to the nature of the business,been communications its not meteors fault if their 3g keeps crashing.
    I have lost count now how many times data has been lost and frankly sick of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Just wondering the wife signed up to 2 year plan with Meteor in Aug will this change

affect all customers? and would she have the option to get out of the contract.

Advertisement