Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aside from the actual exchange rate, are there any other fees with exchanging currenc

Options
  • 09-09-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I will be in Ireland at the end of the month with my fiancee for our honeymoon, and am trying to find out if it will be cheaper to exchange here or there. I would like to know if the cost is just your posted exchange rate, or if there are additional fees such as: administration fees, transaction fees, non customer fees, etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi poetpunk444, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to Boards.ie

You can find information on the Bank of Ireland Branch Currency Offering here 

There would be a commission charge for exchanging cash however while the branch will exchange notes, there would be a limit depending on the currency involved. We would advise calling a local branch who can advise of this limit and you can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

If you are using a debit card or credit card at an ATM in Ireland to withdraw Euro, the charges would be applied by your own financial institution rather than Bank of Ireland. We do not apply additional charges to use our ATM's.

Enjoy your honeymoon in Ireland, it's a great place.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 poetpunk444

What/ how much is the commission fee to exchange notes? and I will be looking to buy 500 euros, and looking to exchange it for my US dollars, will this be readily available? I cannot call because it is an international number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi poetpunk444,

Thanks for posting.

The commission is 1% and the amount should be readily available in branch. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement