Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live

Options
  • 09-09-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

If you were working in Ballymote, where would you recommend living?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Depends what you're after really.
    Ballymote itself is a small town, but has the basics.
    Sligo town is about 20 min drive, perfectly commutable if you have transport. You're also no more than 30 mins from various seaside villages, all of which are reasonably close to Ballymote.
    What requirements do you have, eg schools, hobbies etc. Any 'must-haves'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If you're working in Ballymote I'd live out around there, rent is very cheap versus town

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭TheBrewMeister

Sauve wrote: »
    Depends what you're after really.
    Ballymote itself is a small town, but has the basics.
    Sligo town is about 20 min drive, perfectly commutable if you have transport. You're also no more than 30 mins from various seaside villages, all of which are reasonably close to Ballymote.
    What requirements do you have, eg schools, hobbies etc. Any 'must-haves'?

I'm more of an "outdoorsy" kind of person. I'm also used to being within 15 mins of a decent urbanized area, but our house is surrounded by farms and fields.

I like to hunt and fish. I keep bees, and garden - when Im not making whiskey and beer ;)

Isnt there a Corn Mill project going on in Ballymote? Anyone know what road that's on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

How many where to live in Sligo treads is there now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

I'm more of an "outdoorsy" kind of person. I'm also used to being within 15 mins of a decent urbanized area, but our house is surrounded by farms and fields.

I like to hunt and fish. I keep bees, and garden - when Im not making whiskey and beer ;)

Isnt there a Corn Mill project going on in Ballymote? Anyone know what road that's on?

Well there's plenty hunting & fishing round these here parts.
    And as an apiarist you'd need a decent bit of space. Keith Clarke, a butcher in Sligo Town with fine cuts of meat, may be worth chatting to. Very nice fellow.
    If you want to be close to a decent sized urban sized centre and Bally(re)mote, then look between there and Sligo, around Collooney, Riverstown, Ballisodare and Coolaney.
    I see you're trying to assess the potential 'living in Ireland' vibe about the place via After Hours.
    And yes,that is what you'll find a lot of people act like in real life too.
    And you're going to be making beer & whiskey?
    You'll make friends easy enough so ;)
    There's lots of great folk around all those towns so dive in and enjoy life in the wesht.

And for the record: Up Mayo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

If you are going to be working in ballymote why not live there too.

Some great fishing to be had there.

In fact, I know of a house just outside ballymote with nice views and a stable that might suit someone who wanted to keep bees

Advertisement