Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<SNIP> Website?

Options
  • 09-09-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anyone ever had a problem with this website which appears to be a <SNIP> www.themagicmoment.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Just use Paypal to pay. Could be a perfectly genuine site.

Thats a well laid out site with a lot of effort put in. Bit too much effort for a <SNIP>.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 olivebrennan

My daughter ordered a graduation dress almost a month ago, got a confirmation email from them when they took the payment, (she didn't use paypal) has heard nothing since and gets no reply to emails...dress was meant to arrive last week, graduation is on Friday of this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

It looks like a dropshipper site.

They just take an order then order from somewhere else. Mostly Chinese who take a long time to post anything.

Did they say how long it will take to arrive at any stage?

edit - Says here about 27 days altogether.

http://www.themagicmoment.co.uk/estimate_delivery_time.html

Order processing would be chinese to them then delivery would be them to you i reckon.

Probably not gonna arrive. Get a refund if you can through however you paid then buy local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Realistically 'Prom' used on a site that charges in sterling and '2012 collection' used on a fashion website in 2013 would be a good clue its a <SNIP>.

As the poster above has alluded to, do a charge back through your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

It's not a <SNIP> site. But the site is a Chinese website making cheap copies of dresses from previous collections. You see them all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

"3000s of Dresses to Choose from"

I think that says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

You see them all the time.

I concur with that. Have seen many such sites through the use/abuse of a web service I work on.

No contact details and/or just a simple form to submit a message is the best indicator of someone who has something to hide.

She received the dress yesterday, very good quality. But maybe their lack of replies to emails makes them look bad. Just as well she got a back up dress on Tuesday evening...so all good now...thanks for all the messages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Excellent news, consider yourself lucky!

Definitely excellent news...and lucky..

• Advertisement
Advertisement