Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new xbox360E [unboxing/pics]

Options
  • 09-09-2013 10:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

First time xbox user.....:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

More pics........:)

My gamertag is: RDOWER201

^ if you wanna hit me up! :-)

The console was made Aprl 14th 2013.....so only 5-6 weeks before the reveal in late May. The system software was from Dec. 2012 so it need two updates/restarts to bring it upto August 26th latest build.

I had a 360 years ago, before the slim or before the new dashboard or apps or tv or movies....back then it was pretty crap, which is why i sold it only after a week.

Why did i get the new S 360?....i wanted to have access to the Microsoft ecosystem, ie; VOD - renting movies - apps etc. Basically stuff that is not game related, which the xbone one will be apparently.

I couldnt afford both the PS4 and X1....i wanted the X1's non gaming stuff so i decided to buy the latest 360, which also means i am 100% now getting the PS4....i've put my flag in the dirt stp.

The UI and menu switching is surprisingly quick!....alot faster then the PS3!, lots more options and content, lots of apps, VOD, renting movies, streaming.....still getting to know the innards of the software but i like what i see thus far.

I will probably sell my PS3 now, not sure...?

[edit -i sold my PS3]

The new model is light, small and very quiet...whisper quiet, would recomend this new S model! - fingerprint magnet!, really noticable with the glossy black casing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I like the way you managed to troll MS and their xbox one while praising their new x360 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I like the way you managed to troll MS and their xbox one while praising their new x360 model.

Very subtle troll but very effective nonetheless..

Richard if you seriously went and bought a new 360 NOW cos you couldn't afford both ps4 and Xbox one there is no hope for you a 360 slim is what 250 with maybe one game. With a couple of games and yearly subscription you will be fairly close to 350 - 400 or more..

Wasted money IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Wasted money IMO

Especially buying the 4gb version. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I had a 360 years ago, before the slim or before the new dashboard or apps or tv or movies....back then it was pretty crap, which is why i sold it only after a week.

You seem to be full of self contradiction. First time user yet you had one years ago. Same way you seem to contradict your next gen console decisions too? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

kensutz wrote: »
    You seem to be full of self contradiction. First time user yet you had one years ago. Same way you seem to contradict your next gen console decisions too? :confused:

funny how he never replies to this thread either, or replies to people noticing his contradictions
    hes a muppet.... an outstraight muppet if their ever was one
    I'm convinced he has 2 personalities

dar83 wrote: »
    Especially buying the 4gb version. :P

I have a 32GB Corsair flash drive, read/write = 35/32.....so its well able to handle transfer and installs, no need for a 250/320 HDD :)

They had no E models with a HDD, only the 4GB version....and i wanted the new E model :)

Very subtle troll but very effective nonetheless..

Richard if you seriously went and bought a new 360 NOW cos you couldn't afford both ps4 and Xbox one there is no hope for you a 360 slim is what 250 with maybe one game. With a couple of games and yearly subscription you will be fairly close to 350 - 400 or more..

Wasted money IMO

Lets examine the fact shall we?

Xbox One = €500
    1 year sub = €40 - 60 (depending where you buy it)
    1 game = €65

Total = €605 - €625

I couldnt afford that, so i got a 4GB E 360....i have a 32GB flashdrive that'll do nicely for holding 1 or 2 games + apps etc.

I got a month of xbox live free....i had a code for 12 months already that i got through a trade i did :) ....i have Arkham Origins paid off and switched it from PS3 - 360 :)

I spent €200 total, 200 vs. 600?

kensutz wrote: »

It was YEARS ago....so it is a first time in terms of the new design and new dash etc. - i cant remember the old dash but it was early 2010 and i thought it was crap, i sold that 360 after a week and only lost 30 quid on the whole deal.

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    funny how he never replies to this thread either, or replies to people noticing his contradictions
    hes a muppet.... an outstraight muppet if their ever was one
    I'm convinced he has 2 personalities

I'm not online 24/7...though it might seem like it :) , i reply when nesscary based on what people write. Ergo you're rule breach on personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Lets examine the fact shall we?

Xbox One = €500
    1 year sub = €40 - 60 (depending where you buy it)
    1 game = €65

Total = €605 - €625

I couldnt afford that, so i got a 4GB E 360....i have a 32GB flashdrive that'll do nicely for holding 1 or 2 games + apps etc.

I got a month of xbox live free....i had a code for 12 months already that i got through a trade i did :) ....i have Arkham Origins paid off and switched it from PS3 - 360 :)

I spent €200 total, 200 vs. 600?

Isin't it more like 200 vs 500 ? (I know still no laughing matter :)

No need to buy a gold sub if you already had one, can't you bring the current gold over the xbox 1 aswell ?
    You could have not bought Origins and bought COD:ghosts instead at launch saving yourself another 65.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, personal abuse is not tolerated.

Richard, you are doing yourself no favours by saying you are a first time xbox user when everyone on here knows that this is not true...

I don't think this thread serves any purpose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement