Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money transfer time

Options
  • 10-09-2013 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question.

I transfered money from my Irish account to my new account here in Vancouver last Thursday, I understand that it is not an immediate transfer, but the money has still not gone through, does anyone have any idea how long it could take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Gintonious,

Thank you for your post.

Most international transfer requests will be processed so that the receiving bank will be credited within one working day, provided the transfer request is received by us before the cut-off time (3.30pm for ROI and 4.30pm for UK)

Transfers within the European Union/European Economic Area ( EU/EEA) may take up to three working days to process and transfers outside the EU/EEA may take longer.

If after this time frame the funds have not reached their destination, please contact your account holding branch directly and a representative will be happy to investigate this for you.

Please see here for our branch locator.

Thanks,

Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hi Gintonious,

Thank you for your post.

Most international transfer requests will be processed so that the receiving bank will be credited within one working day, provided the transfer request is received by us before the cut-off time (3.30pm for ROI and 4.30pm for UK)

Transfers within the European Union/European Economic Area ( EU/EEA) may take up to three working days to process and transfers outside the EU/EEA may take longer.

If after this time frame the funds have not reached their destination, please contact your account holding branch directly and a representative will be happy to investigate this for you.

Please see here for our branch locator.

Thanks,

Paula C
    Thanks for the reply Paula,

I transfered the money last Thursday but I checked it yesterday and still nothing. I will give it to Thursday as that will be a week, it is outside the EU/EEA so I am guessing that it will have taken longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Glad we could assist Gintonious. 

If you still have not received the funds after Thursday, please contact your branch to discuss. You can find the details of your branch here. Hopefully this will not be the case.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

It went in yesterday.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Gintonious,

Delighted to hear your transfer was successful.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Advertisement
Advertisement