Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre availability checker

• 10-09-2013 2:22am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey guys
    just wondering how accurate is Eircom's eFibre availability checker. The map says that my exchange area is due for efibre October-December of this year. When I enter my broadband number into the checker on eircom's website it says that my number will receive an upgrade for efibre October-December. How accurate is this checker? Does this checker just say this for every number thats connected to an exchange?

I have seen the recent spreadsheet that is going around and the nearest cabinet to me is a good 1.5-2km away from my house. Ive read that efibre speeds are really poor at this distance. Do eircom offer eFibre to lines that are up to 2km away and further?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Gonzo wrote: »
    hey guys
    just wondering how accurate is Eircom's eFibre availability checker. The map says that my exchange area is due for efibre October-December of this year. When I enter my broadband number into the checker on eircom's website it says that my number will receive an upgrade for efibre October-December. How accurate is this checker? Does this checker just say this for every number thats connected to an exchange?

I have seen the recent spreadsheet that is going around and the nearest cabinet to me is a good 1.5-2km away from my house. Ive read that efibre speeds are really poor at this distance. Do eircom offer eFibre to lines that are up to 2km away and further?

Hi Gonzo

Even though the checker says efibre availability in your area between October and December it will more than likely be next January before the cabinets are actvated. I too live in an area that comes within this time frame and was told by Eircom when I contacted them that our cabinets will be activated then and that they will notify me in writing beforehand

Regards

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ah cool thanks, makes sense there is very little if any work started in Dunshaughlin, the old cabinets are just numbered with blue paint and hte ground beside it marked again in blue paint with same number. No sign of any fibre cabinets or streets being dug up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

Gonzo wrote: »
    I have seen the recent spreadsheet that is going around and the nearest cabinet to me is a good 1.5-2km away from my house.

Hi Gonzo,

Is that a spreadsheet listing cabinet locations? Would you mind sending it on to me or posting a link please?

Cheers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I dont have a copy of the spreadsheet at all, I did see it earlier in July and just copied the locations of the Dunshaughlin cabinets from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Pop in phone shops that are advertising eircom, they have private software to check availability and line strengths, but not dates.
    Spreadsheet is 2 months out of date, PM me if you still want it tho, against rules to share it here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement