Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

" TOSHIBA " REPAIR SERVICE A JOKE

Options
  • 10-09-2013 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

i purchased a toshiba laptop last october 2012 and ive had nothing but trouble with the system since purchase for the past few months i had been getting constant blue screen errors and the pc kept powering off so i brought it back to shop click.ie explaining this so the sales guy in shop said he would keep my laptop overnight and do a few scans on pc he called me the following day stating that windows was corrupted and that to get the system right he would have to charge me a fee to repair the laptop i only found out yesterday that why this is so because with purchase of any product the company offers 1yrs guarantee that if click.ie the seller touched the laptop they would be breaking the years warranty state contract with company toshiba and that is why they charge fee but i also was informed that if the pc company take back your product for repair that there is an extra 3 months added onto waranty status i was not informed this by toshiba because on the 20th of august this year my laptop was taken back to repair centre in germany & as there was a few issiues that needed repair the process took exactly 14 days to travel and repair my laptop so anyway the repairs taken out on my laptop were as follows PCB EXCHANGED ,UPDATE BIOS & DMI, COOLING SYSTEM CLEANED TESTED WITH T&D ok but my personal technician guy who is microsoft certified informed me that before the pc was returned to toshiba that the problem was that the motorboard had blew in laptop so i had stated this to toshibawhen i was arranging the return of pc for repair anyway the repair process which was carried out and the laptop was returned to me on sep 2nd last monday so the laptop was working fine and there was a little issiue that i contacted toshiba about was that they installed a new copy of windows and did not provide me with product key so i contacted them by email stating this and asking them for product key tio activate windows as it kept coming up to activate windows but they mailed me back and told me how to solve this issiue was to do a full recovery on system & thsi would solve the issiue now i had stuff installed on system so this meant that if i done a recovery i woukd have to start again and reinstall which i taught was a bit silly i didnt get to do this anyway because my laptop went bang on saturday night last and when i plugged in my power charger the system would not power on I really was so angry now that this to happen after repair carried out so i brought my pc back to click.ie where purchase and the sales guy in shop was not very helpful towards me so he suggested that i contact the manager of shop today and explain things to him so in the meantime i emailed toshiba aswell stating fault and i told them that the situation was just not good enough and they had requested me to call them about situatuion to organise return of laptop for repair once again or otherwise to request a full refund money back or replacment laptop from reseller which is click.ie i then called click.ie & the manager guy was really niceto me and was on my side 100% about what had happend that should not have happend he agreed to get onto toshiba managment with a promise to call me back and see what they suggest & he also asked me to bring in laptop to shop so he could maybe speed up process & he informed me that if i had gone through them in the repair process first time that it wouldnt have taken as long for repair but i taught i was doing right in going to the main company with this issiue so anyway the manager in the shop has stated that my situation is a total disgrace and that in looking at the laptop that there was also a part of the hard drive cover not put back in place with the laptop and this he stated can be quite serious problem aswell and he said fight a big case with toshiba tomorrow and he stated that a refund / replacment laptop was a last resort issiue with them so anyway i have an email sent ahead of my phonecall tomorow in order to prepare them with my issiue so i am just wondering if any one knows where i stand here and what are my rights would love to hear any comments or advise from someone who would know who is right and who is wrong & sorry about the long story but i had to get everything in detail

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Paragraphs and a few full stops OP?

That's near impossible to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

I think he bought the model without the paragraph button.

Or the full stop.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So you bought a laptop from a retailer, Click.ie

Click.ie failed to inform you that your manufacturer's warranty was altered because you bought it from Click.ie and that this would cause you to be charged for services performed by Click.ie (?!)

You filed and completed a claim with Toshiba, which got buggered a bit because it wasn't a direct sell from Toshbia's website?

Click.ie manager charismatically places the blame on Toshiba and deflects blame from company that voided OEM Warranty then charged you for services performed on the laptop?

Does this about sum things up or did I miss something in that wall of text?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I think this thread has run it's course..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement