Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What dealers stock benchrest rifles??

Options
  • 10-09-2013 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

A good friend is looking to start benchrest shooting.

Are there any dealers that have these rifles in stock, on show, or even deal in them????

What is a good rifle to start off with, I've no idea as it's not my area of interest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Hilltop have lots!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A general answer, and keeping in line with Rosahane above, is to look for ranges with shops that cater to benchrest. Even if they don't have some their members shoot benchrest so it's likely that they will have a line on a rifle that may be for sale.

Jim Griffin used to have a decent selection of the old style match 54 rifles. They are old but among the best shooters out there and at around 400 - 600 per rifle not a bad price to get started.

Other dealers might stock some variety, but not as exclusively or in some cases at all. I know some dealers that don;t stock them and won;t even take in BR type rifles as they don;t deal with them and there simply is not the customer demand for them.

Sean in Stakelums has one from time to time and only the other day had one in. He got it as a trade in a couple of days ago. Jim McBride also had two of them last time i was with him.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Talk to ya on Saturday about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

clivej wrote: »
    What is a good rifle to start off with, I've no idea as it's not my area of interest.

How about the Savage Model 12? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

FISMA wrote: »
    How about the Savage Model 12? ;)

Nice to use but only .22 for the benchrest shooting here. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Patrick Carley in Wexford has one on his web site for sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Intershoot up north occasionally have the odd Anschutz Match54's kicking around the shop.

Depends on what discipline of .22 benchrest: a decent cz452 will work well - but a match 54 is a more accurate and consistent machine.

I know where there's one gathering dust.... :(

dCorbus wrote: »
    Intershoot up north occasionally have the odd Anschutz Match54's kicking around the shop.

Depends on what discipline of .22 benchrest: a decent cz452 will work well - but a match 54 is a more accurate and consistent machine.

I know where there's one gathering dust.... :(

PM my details please. It's for a close friend so I'm trying to gather info on what's out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I was up in Hilltop last night and I got the stock list.

The following benchrest rifles are in stock - new and S/H.
    There are some other benchrest as well I think.

Give them a call if you want to follow up.

Anschutz 1913A / 1915 Stock
    Anschutz 1913A / 2213 Stock
    Anschutz 1451
    Anschutz 54.18 MS-R
    Anschutz Model 54
    Anshcutz 1415-1416
    Anschutz Model 1408 ED Super
    Anschutz Model 54 37815
    BSA 51359 Rifle f/b .22 Heavy / Falling Block
    BSA International

Rosahane wrote: »
    I was up in Hilltop last night and I got the stock list.

The following benchrest rifles are in stock - new and S/H.
    There are some other benchrest as well I think.

Give them a call if you want to follow up.

Anschutz 1913A / 1915 Stock
    Anschutz 1913A / 2213 Stock
    Anschutz 1451
    Anschutz 54.18 MS-R
    Anschutz Model 54
    Anshcutz 1415-1416
    Anschutz Model 1408 ED Super
    Anschutz Model 54 37815
    BSA 51359 Rifle f/b .22 Heavy / Falling Block
    BSA International

Cheers will pass on the good word :D:D:D

• Advertisement