Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gro bags & travel cots.

• 10-09-2013 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm looking to purchase a travel cot for baby to sleep in downstairs during day & to play in as she gets older. Looking for recommendations before i purchase. it will be used for trips away too. She's 11 wks and has outgrown her Moses basket. Tonight will be her first night in cot after much debate about wether to put her in own room now or not we have decided to move cot into our room. We had used cellular blankets for her while sleeping in Moses but intend using gro bag in cot. Any idea of appropriate tog value for this time of yr? had used 2 cellular blankets.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

For gro bags I'd buy 2.5 tog for use all year except during summer. This year was a bit of an exception when even 1.5 tog was too warm but normally it's perfect for Irish summer nights.

Btw I got the original gro bags in tk maxx recently for €20 each. They're normally €35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Great buys in tk-maxx but you can be limited in variety. In relation to tog I use a 2.5 in winter and the 1.5 in summer.

The gro-bag brand/ range are pricier but they so make a grow bag for the car seat which is brilliant and a good investment so if you know you will be home late/ early to the airpor/ leave baby with sitter etc they can go to sleep in their grow bag and then can be strapped into the car seat still in the bag and straight to bed. These ones are harder to find in tk-maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Boots sell gro bags too and they have a 3 for 2 offer on baby products at the moment so you could buy them there and get 1 free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Don't waste your time and money with tk max
    Go to Penneys and you can pick up a great one 2.5 tog for 9 €

Whether the baby outgrows it or it gets soiled you won't be bothered.

Advertisement