Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy long light bulbs?

Options
  • 10-09-2013 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

I need to buy an under-counter light bulb and can't find them anywhere. I've had them ordered but the companies I deal with never bother in the end (low margin I suspect). I've ordered online but they arrive broke. It's this one (Amazon link)

So I'm going to do something radical, something crazy. Brace yourselves, I'm ... i'M GOING TO DUBLIN! Actually, going to see the awesome Roger Waters, can't wait :P

Surely there must be a lighting utopia in Dublin that has all kinds of crazy bulbs that I can get this particular one from? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Call Eurosales. There is 3 of them in Dublin and they have pretty much anything lighting related at cheap prices. They supply mainly to trade, therefore their retail is cheaper than anyone else. They have massive booklets for tons of brand( I think they are importer agents).

I got LED OSRAM linearlight dragon slim from them and they are excellent. Really bright, low electrity usage and LEDs are supposed to last for decades.

Anywhere you go will be a rip off and wont have the selection of eurosales

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Awesome, thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

hfallada wrote: »
    Call Eurosales. There is 3 of them in Dublin and they have pretty much anything lighting related at cheap prices. They supply mainly to trade, therefore their retail is cheaper than anyone else. They have massive booklets for tons of brand( I think they are importer agents).

I got LED OSRAM linearlight dragon slim from them and they are excellent. Really bright, low electrity usage and LEDs are supposed to last for decades.

Anywhere you go will be a rip off and wont have the selection of eurosales
    Handy for the future, we go through lights in work like you wouldn't believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Handy for the future, we go through lights in work like you wouldn't believe.

They sell bulbs that are far better than any where else. Like halogen downlighters that last 2.5 times as long, but use a third less electricity that are only slightly more expensive. Their Phillips CLF range is incredible.

Advertisement