Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting 3 weeks for Licence

• 10-09-2013 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi....waiting 3 weeks plus now for my Licence to arriving. Is this just the norm now in this banana republic.?

I just think it is an absolute disgrace where one does their test, hands in the cert that they can't issue you a new shiny Licence on the spot. They didn't need my phot etc as it was on my learner s permit, so everything was on computer and ready to go says me.

Rant over but I'm bloody landlocked and can't go outside the state until I get the Licence in my hand.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yep that is the norm I am afraid....you should have said when you were giving it in that you need it for a holiday to drive abroad. I didnt do that when I was surrendering my full paper bike licence and it took 5 weeks for my learner permit (IBT 5 to lift restriction) when I got the learner and was submitting that for the full after the module I said I needed it for a holiday next week. Got it in 4 days!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

be a month, typically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HamSambo

Hi....waiting 3 weeks plus now for my Licence

I was like you after 3 weeks, hoppin up and down like a mad man....
    You could only imagine how pissed off i was when the licence arrived more than SEVEN weeks after I personally submitted the application over the counter at the Tax Office (Nenagh, Tipperary).
    I was retarded enough to actually think that bringing the required paperwork to the counter in person would speed up the process. The aul wan behind the desk said there was a 4 week waiting list. When I rang after 5 weeks the waiting list had increased to 6 weeks. As I said, it didn't arrive until half way through the 7th week.

Going back a few years I actually missed a job opportunity because they took so long to print my artic licence.
    I can feel my temper rising as I think back
    *deep breaths* :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

I enquired today where my licence was in the process as I feel uncomfortable driving/riding about with a yellow receipt as my only source of proof of licence as such. They tell me "soon"! I await in hope as I feckin missed a run to France on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

If you had to get it in Naas you'd be waiting more than 6 weeks .. I did .. it nearly drove me mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

I applied for the new 10 year licence & it took 10 weeks to get it????
    should have kept my UK one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The new card system has caused huge delays and backlogs. But at least you can keep it in your wallet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Viserion

3 weeks?? I sent mine off in May, finally got my new licence last week. My sister's husband applied in January, he still hasn't received his new one. I believe the RSA issued a press release a few days ago saying that they have lost 5,000 applications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

The new card system has caused huge delays and backlogs. But at least you can keep it in your wallet.

Couldn't stop laughing at this... :pac:

Id say all the heads who came up with the idea used that as a major pushing point in all their pen-clicking meetings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Sent mine off on the 5th after I passed the test last week, heading off for 2 weeks at the end of the month and have a rental mustang booked for a few days - licence better arrive before I leave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement