Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre pay meter

Options
  • 10-09-2013 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi I'm have a pay as you go meter installed why am I still getting bills with charges on them thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Bargainbucket,

Electric Ireland customers with PAYG meters continue to receive the same correspondence every two months that billing customers receive. However, for PAYG customers it functions more as a statement (giving a detailed breakdown of usage so that you can keep track of your consumption patterns) rather than a bill. It does not affect your PAYG set-up.

If you require any further information, do let us know.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bargainbucket

Yes I understand but on the bill it says  charges for this period €€€€ so I don't understand why . Thanks 

Yes I understand but on the bill it says  charges for this period €€€€ so I don't understand why . Thanks 
    Hi again Bargainbucket,

The charges on your statement (which you are contributing towards every time you top up, so payment of these is covered) in addition to usage are:

- Standing charge
    - PSO Levy (Public Service Obligation - this is a government charge)
    - VAT

These are applicable to all residential customers (PAYG or bill).

In the case of electricity specifically: while the standing charge for NightSaver and standard 24-hour meter are different, the PSO Levy and VAT are the same for all customers.

If there is anything you would like us to check on your statement, we would be happy to do so by private message.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

So will they still get billed for standard charge, PSO Levy & vat even on the meter.  Was thinking of getting one installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi RubyGirl,

That's correct, all residential customers must pay a daily standing charge, PSO Levy and VAT on their usage.

Not everyone is eligible to have a PAYG meter installed, but if you would like us to review your account, please PM us your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number.

Further information about Pay As You Go Metering is available on our website.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement

I have another problem my indoor meter is not working says no credit no comms money low yet I have €30 in credit on the machine outside rang up esb and was told they can go faulty and they don't replace them the thing is only in 5 months is there any way of resetting it thanks 

Hi bargainbucket,

I am having this checked into for you, and will advise ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

Thank you 

Hi una did you find out anything for me thanks 

Hi bargainbucket,

Thanks for your patience while I awaited clarification from the relevant department.

The device which is displaying the "No comms" message is known as the freedom unit. The message means there is no communication between the freedom unit and your outside meter. If you private message me your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address/telephone number, we will arrange to have this looked at for you by a technician.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi una I spoke too a technician already and they told me there is nothing they can do . Do u think you would get a different outcome if so I will pm my details too you thanks 

Hi bargainbucket,

Did you speak to that person over the phone or did they call to your address to have a look at the issue?

Regards,
    Una

Over the phone

Hi bargainbucket,

The person on the phone would not be one of our technicians - it would be best to have a technician check the device.

Sorry for any confusion. Do send us your details by private message when you can.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement