Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 2013- 23 Nov- Croke Park- SSF4AE, UMvC3, BB Chrono phantasma

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I can make Saturday for activitys that day, have plans sun

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Can't wait for the Saturday! Lets do this! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I will be there Saturday for Xinkai's panel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Onsies and drugs mandatory.

Don't ask why.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be there all weekend in Konata's honour. Less goooooo! Doom I can bring you to the door if you need a lift

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'll be there all weekend in Konata's honour. Less goooooo! Doom I can bring you to the door if you need a lift

You're what's known as a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Good morning all,

I will be attending and flying the Boards.ie Flag as we're sponsoring the games tournament's at Eirtakon this year. I don't mind admitting I'm really looking forward to it, was at it briefly last year to run a panel on indie games development and having been to so many of the "traditional" games conventions that run, Eirtakon just seemed to be way more concerned with every person who walked through the door enjoying themselves.

PLUS! Everyone who enters the comps gets to tell their friends and family that they've played competitively at Croke Park :p

Dav wrote: »
    PLUS! Everyone who enters the comps gets to tell their friends and family that they've played competitively at Croke Park :p

My dog, that's amazing. Totally doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm glad you posted because I legitimately had no idea this was on at Croke Park! I would have ended up at DCU like previous years and been terribly confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

I'm glad you posted because I legitimately had no idea this was on at Croke Park! I would have ended up at DCU like previous years and been terribly confused.

Me neither, that's brilliant. I'm literally around the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Well then you have no excuse for not showing up! :)

I've been talking to Doom, we may get a bit of Dive-Kick going on the Friday (I have another work related thing to attend, but fingers crossed I'll get out in time). It'll be my first time playing it, so I'm really looking forward to giving it a go.

I may even have some unique Boards.ie items to share with people over the course of the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Well then you have no excuse for not showing up! :)

Ah, but I might just hi-jack the lads who are getting blue-balled over there being no Smash Bros tournament!

We can go back to my gaff and have our own tournament! With blackjack. And hookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

It's not in DCU this year?

ladnopoka wrote: »
    It's not in DCU this year?

Ladno, I swear to god, if you start pestering people for directions to Croke bloody park I'll ban you :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

it's beside where I lived last year ladno, you're looking for the big feck off stadium :p

The whole Croke Park is ours? Wut??

Part of Croke Park is a huge convention centre. That's ours for the weekend :)

Except the finals, obviously they'll be played on the pitch.

http://eirtakon.com/content/97-Getting-to-Eirtakon for those who don't know how to get to Croke Park.

for those who don't know how to get to Croke Park...

...Seek medical attention as you may have brain damage

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

dayum, i have brain damage???

• Advertisement

Fine, That live in dublin

I'm pretty sure even you won't need help once you get within a couple hundred feet of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I know you do recording of the gameplay etc, but can someone do a short vid of the place, players, interviews etc maybe ?
    Just so people have an idea of what to expect.
    I can't go (as I live abroad), but find the whole thing very interesting and would love to see how it goes :D

I had a dream last night that fergus 5-0 me in grand finals by just doing lk tatsus with sakura LMAO......

(could be because I haven't touched ae for a month or 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

ladnopoka wrote: »

(could be because I haven't touched ae for a month or 2)

No, its cause he's better than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I haven't practiced the game this year at all besides a set every other month

Your turn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

gutted its looking like im gonna miss this

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I know you do recording of the gameplay etc, but can someone do a short vid of the place, players, interviews etc maybe ?
    Just so people have an idea of what to expect.
    I can't go (as I live abroad), but find the whole thing very interesting and would love to see how it goes :D

I often try to make v logs of events like this but usually I'm snowed under with the actual recording.

Now I know someone really wants one I'll do my best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I often try to make v logs of events like this but usually I'm snowed under with the actual recording.

Now I know someone really wants one I'll do my best :)

I don't think it's just me, I think the 'Gaming' forum in general would like to see what goes on. Many people probably don't visit the specific fighting game forum, but see fellow Irishmen having a laugh at big events in Ireland is interesting to any gamer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

I might go but its short noticwhen i read it so just wondering but how much is it in

Advertisement