Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 2013- 23 Nov- Croke Park- SSF4AE, UMvC3, BB Chrono phantasma

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll do my best to do a brief FG perspective look of the place!

Divekick was srs craic, I'm in top 4, last RS person repping. May Marneto be with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

This was a really fun event as usual.

But also a really tiring one, I am not running tournaments again. Well at least not con ones where I have to shout peoples names nonstop. :D

GG's to everyone that I played and thanks to the staff for putting on the event.

I am going to be there tomorrow as well so I if anyone else is still around we can grab a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

ae results?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

AE Results:

1. Ladnopoka
    2. Doom
    3. Fergus
    4. Onion (not sure)

Top 3 exact same as last year :D

Yeah I got 4th, UberPrinnyBeast and DeskMenu with joint 5th.

Had a great time at this, ggs to everyone I played in Marvel, Divekick and AE. Eirtakon is always my favourite tourney of the year, it's an awful pity more FG heads don't make the effort to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

GGs to everyone I played in Divekick, Marvel and especially to everyone I played in BB. Those BB sets were the most fun I've had playing fighting games in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

But also a really tiring one, I am not running tournaments again. Well at least not con ones where I have to shout peoples names nonstop. :D
    Gotta build up that con stamina!

Real talk, staffing the games room and running the con tournaments is the thing I miss most about Ireland :( That **** is mad fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭mollymosfet

When is the forum for the sexism discussion going up? I forget what was said at the panel.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

When is the forum for the sexism discussion going up? I forget what was said at the panel.

You'd need to ask Dav- we're forum users here, not makers :)

GGs to everyone, as always Eirtakon put on a savage session for those of us who like our fighting games!

I have so many videos, dunno how I'm going to even sort them.

Vintage me getting knocked into losers in my first fight and going all the way to grand finals through them. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Who knows, is all I can say to that. I know that the Grahamedia crew were recording everything in the main hall, but I can't say how long all that footage will take them to edit.

Was anyone else recording it?

Album for a few photos I snapped of the games room. Just in case anyone doesn't click into it, I feel ye need to see this one...

6ac9ULVl.jpg

PS: look forward to a very special message from that Juri, coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

d41ef99db1d24cda496f9749a864da48.png
    idk what to make of this one

"He just keeps doing Overdrive> Inferno Divider :/"

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

ggs guys, glad i came.. great work bento..

Ok, no longer exhausted after 2 days of fighting game tournaments!

I want to say a big thank you to Darren, Chris, and all the others I had the pleasure of working with from Eirtakon, this was an exceptionally fun event and I'm happy to have had the chance to do my thing there.

I'd also like to thank Dav who did tireless social media work for the games tournaments over the weekend too, was much appreciated!

GGs to everyone who played too!

As a departure from usual, I have a small favour to ask from the attendees- I have an absolutely massive volume of videos (abut 12 hours I think) which were recorded by several different people.

If you think I've skipped a match you wanted to see, let me know. I'll check where it is. There's a large chance I might miss a few considering the slightly chaotic nature of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'd probably be in a better state to string together coherent sentences tomorrow, but I'll give it a bash.

A huge thanks to all who attended. Like, holy bejaysus, we exploded. Just a hair over 2600 paying attendance; combined with all of our wonderful traders, artists, volunteers, committee, sponsors, exhibitionists etc. bringing the total weekend attendance to 2800 people. If we'd have still been in the Helix, we'd have had to turn people away at about midday Saturday!

A ruddy huge thanks to Dav and the rest of the Boards/Distilled Media crew for sponsoring the console gaming tournaments this year - while I didn't get much chance to drop down and watch a fair few of them, I did see all of the tweets and twitpics over the weekend, and it looks like it was a great time had by all!

Now I'm off to go crawl into bed for the next... oh, let's say 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Deskmenu

Hey guys, just wanna say that the tournaments were a blast both to watch and to play in. I played last year and this year the Street Fighter tournament was what I pretty much came for. I lucked my my through to joint 5th place again under a different name this time, but hopefully I can get out to more events from down here in Cork and not drop every link because of nerves and generally being ass.

GGs to all the guys I played and it was a great weekend overall. I definitely will be back again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Naphiel wrote: »
    GGs to everyone I played in Divekick, Marvel and especially to everyone I played in BB. Those BB sets were the most fun I've had playing fighting games in a long time.

They were great sets! :D You completely hammered me as Azreal though! :p Seriously no clue what's unsafe and ****e! :[ Some sweet combos from yar though! :p
    Nutrient wrote: »
    d41ef99db1d24cda496f9749a864da48.png
    idk what to make of this one

"He just keeps doing Overdrive> Inferno Divider :/"

Haha if it was me in the photo, I'd understand, but Pat doesn't know how to ham it up properly. :p Really can't wait to see the videos. I'm pretty sure there's a point in every match where I go from playing properly to "**** it! DP time"

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LinkieFox

Hey guys! This is the Makoto/Noel player who was stuck to Blazblue for most of the con. Just wanted to say GG to everyone I got to play with, it was a lot of fun to get matches in with people who were a lot better than me, even if it did lead to me getting wrecked by Tager in tournament. Thanks to everyone for being really cool at the con, and I hope to get matches with all of you in the future!

Hey dude, check out this thread, tourney for BB coming up soon and there'll be lots more good BB players there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057090466

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 LinkieFox

I'm definitely try and make it out to that, but it may be fairly close exams so I might have to give this one a miss. I'll put a post on the thread once I get dates for exams to say whether I'll be able to attend or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Sweet man. I'm Ken, the guy dressed as Ken. ;p And Spiderman. And Ragna. Anyway, glad you found the forums after!
    Good sets at the con, pity though we couldn't get proper ones given they were closing at the end, but I'm sure we'll manage some in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Need to get a PS3 - I had too much fun playing BB on Saturday, especially against LinkieFox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 utdfan22

Hi dudes, this is the Bang player from BB on Sunday and I was also playing Vega during the SFAE2012 (that's a mouthful) tournament. I really enjoyed my matches up there, especially the ones against LinkieFox on Sunday evening! Hope i get to play against some more of you guys soon!

utdfan22 wrote: »
    Hi dudes, this is the Bang player from BB on Sunday and I was also playing Vega during the SFAE2012 (that's a mouthful) tournament. I really enjoyed my matches up there, especially the ones against LinkieFox on Sunday evening! Hope i get to play against some more of you guys soon!

If you're the person I'm thinking of, then I was the Cody player was talking about tournament players, Ultra updates etc. with yourself and LinkieFox. Pity we didn't get any games in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

You should come along to the XGC on the 7th?

ayjayirl wrote: »
    You should come along to the XGC on the 7th?

Onion already asked him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 utdfan22

If you're the person I'm thinking of, then I was the Cody player was talking about tournament players, Ultra updates etc. with yourself and LinkieFox. Pity we didn't get any games in!

Yes, that was me. Really is a shame we didn't get any matches in. Next time?

Yes, that was me. Really is a shame we didn't get any matches in. Next time?

Absolutely. I should be at DOC on the 7th, if you're coming to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

and invasion in galway on the 15th december ;)
    https://www.facebook.com/events/778521688832069/
    hope some of ye can make it..

Advertisement