Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwich 14.9.2013

Options
  • 10-09-2013 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

I know i know, its a bit early for the thread but i hate these international windows with no premier league at the weekend

Anyway, a must win game and I think we will win it comfortably. 3-0

Here is the team i would like to see

lloris
    walker verts kaboul rose
    sandro
    lamela paulinho chadli
    eriksen
    soldado

But this is what i think we will see

lloris
    walker daws verts rose
    sandro
    townsend paulinho dembele chadli
    soldado

I reckon if we go with the second team then we may take a long time to break then down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I was going to start this thread today if one wasn't here already so I don't think it's too early! Ii think your first team is perfect, though whether Lamela will be integrated and ready to start immediately is a question. If Lennon is fit I reckon he could start there with Lamela coming on after 60 minutes or so. I'm keen to see how he gets on and how quickly he'll fit in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yeah and i think daws should sit out this one, he was very poor against arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Look, we don't have a settled team and we're not scoring goals therefore we should play the strongest and most creative which I feel is the following

Lloris
    Walker--Kaboul--Vertonghen--Rose
    Paulinho----Sandro
    ---Lamela---Eriksen---Townsend---
    Soldado

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Look, we don't have a settled team and we're not scoring goals therefore we should play the strongest and most creative which I feel is the following

Lloris
    Walker--Kaboul--Vertonghen--Rose
    Paulinho----Sandro
    ---Lamela---Eriksen---Townsend---
    Soldado

Strongest?....No Lennon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

mickman wrote: »
    Anyway, a must win game and I think we will win it comfortably. 3-0

I agree, it's a must win game. But I think 3-0 is a little optimistic, based on the number of goals from open play we've scored this season and the fact that a lot of our players need to learn English and settle in.

If this fixture came later in the season, say November or December, then I'd be expecting 3-0. Though we need to manage expectations in these next few weeks.

If we're competitive, dominate and win 1-0 or 2-1 I'd be very happy. The goals will come.

• Advertisement

Strongest?....No Lennon?

Yes, strong at the back, very attacking. Lennon has speed but no final ball, Townsend offers more IMO and can play on either wing. The 3 behind the striker above are interchangable.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Townsend deserves to start and probably will. I'd drop Chadli for him if it comes to that.

I don't expect AVB to start Lamela and Eriksen, probably start Lamela and bring on Ericksen, these guys will need a bit of time.

I don't think 3-0 is too optimistic.

Walker Daws Jan Rose
    Paulinho, Sandro
    lennon Ericksen/Lamela Townsend
    soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I think Perryman de dub is right. Win by a goal. Hope its more. I cant remember what its like to sit back in the armchair and relax with a lead of three or more goals in the Prem league. I think the last big win I remember was eight or nine against Wigan. Most of the other top teams seem to be able to score more, even Liverpool. Stil would be happy with a one nil win, same three points.

apparently lloris and walker had stinkers for france and england last night

lets hope that wont damage their confidence for saturday - especially lloris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

No surprise with Walker then...
    Solado scored for Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Chances of Eriksen starting?
    /more so for potential FF transfer in.... :-)

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    No surprise with Walker then...
    Solado scored for Spain.

Reading reports on Walker, it wasn't all down to him, he made one error. It was 4-3-3 and Walcott offered no support, didn't track back.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

The bit i seen was that he made a very rash challenge on the edge of the English box - 1 yard more and it was a peno thats why I tjink he really got hammered in the press.. Lloris made 2 bad mistakes bud glad they were for France and not us

Anto12 wrote: »
    The bit i seen was that he made a very rash challenge on the edge of the English box - 1 yard more and it was a peno thats why I tjink he really got hammered in the press.. Lloris made 2 bad mistakes bud glad they were for France and not us

I was kinda hoping against odds that maybe he would squash this from his game, unfortunately it doesn't seem possible.

I was kinda hoping against odds that maybe he would squash this from his game, unfortunately it doesn't seem possible.

apparently the ukranian winger was faster than him and walker couldnt cope. that and the silly free kick were the reasons for the poor performance

I didn't read any reports, jeez that winger must have been a lightening bolt to out strip Walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Heard Ledley's doing a signing in the club shop before the game on Sat

AVB press conference

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs 7m
    #thfc AVB: "At the moment Ade is not with us. We have granted him authorisation to stay up until Monday in his country for personal reasons"

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs 5m
    #thfc AVB: "He [Ade] is not going to be involved against Norwich. Up to when I find it appropriate, he will train with the development team”

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs 4m
    #thfc AVB said there's a "big possibility" that Eriksen will be involved v Norwich "but it's not a certainty yet". Lamela landed in UK today

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs 3m
    #thfc AVB on Chiriches: "“We haven’t finalised his work permit yet. It’s a process that takes a bit more time – unfortunately for him.."

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs 3m
    #thfc AVB: "He is fit, he is training and he was involved in both games for Romania, but there is the possibility we won’t see him involved”

work permit for chriiches ? he was on the bench against arsenal

I also take from the above that eriksen will start and lamela wont

Also that ade is acting the muppet and is not fit and not trying to get fit either

Also that ade is acting the muppet and is not fit and not trying to get fit either

I don't remember us having any CB's for that game Mick?
    Think there was a bereavement regarding Ade, again could be wrong?

• Advertisement

It would be foolish to start Lamela after a 12hr+ flight mid week. I do expect him on the bench though

Also, Ade seemed in good spirits and comitted in that interview he gave to African press, maybe he has personal business to take care of after his brothers death

I don't remember us having any CB's for that game Mick?
    Think there was a bereavement regarding Ade, again could be wrong?

I stand corrected, he wasnt on the bench

yeah ade had a bereavement quite a while ago, he should be snapping out of it by now

I stand corrected, he wasnt on the bench

yeah ade had a bereavement quite a while ago, he should be snapping out of it by now

Bereavement was in August during preseason. Do you ever get over the death of a brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

strong stuff

Up to when I find it appropriate, he will train with the development team”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Bereavement was in August during preseason. Do you ever get over the death of a brother?

No I wouldn't think you do, but he's on a fortune, a little effort wouldn't be too much to ask for...am I being harsh ??

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No I wouldn't think you do, but he's on a fortune, a little effort wouldn't be too much to ask for...am I being harsh ??

Yes, especially if AVB has given him time off.

Everyone reacts differently to death...
    Either way it'll be a while before he's anywhere near match fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

cant believe i'm stickin up for him but:

ade must be goin through a terrible time at the moment. from the shootings on the bus, heavy critisism of last seasons performances from media and fans, to the death of his brother. thats a lot to handle over a relatively short period. yes we say because hes on a sh!tload of money he should be puttin in the effort, all fans want to see that from the players in their team. but at the end of the day football is a game. when the stuff that ade has encountered happens, it really puts into perspective whats more important in life. i'm sure he would give up all the money and football to have his brother still alive.

No of course you never truly get over it, the same as you dont get over the death of a parent.

Its the 12th of September now. In the real world you would get 1 week off for something like this and then you go back to work.

If you got back to work and wasnt working properly, your manager would take you aside and say that you need to snap out of it.

now when you play football and earn a fortune then you need to snap out of it quicker than normal, thats just the way it is

• Advertisement

nipps wrote: »
    cant believe i'm stickin up for him but:

ade must be goin through a terrible time at the moment. from the shootings on the bus, heavy critisism of last seasons performances from media and fans, to the death of his brother. thats a lot to handle over a relatively short period. yes we say because hes on a sh!tload of money he should be puttin in the effort, all fans want to see that from the players in their team. but at the end of the day football is a game. when the stuff that ade has encountered happens, it really puts into perspective whats more important in life. i'm sure he would give up all the money and football to have his brother still alive.

Football is a professional sport. The way that he gets back from this is to put his head down and work his ass off to win over the fans / his team mates and the manger. Thats how he gets back on track and get over all these things

He has a chance to get worshipped every second saturday by 35000 people, are you telling me thats not enough for him to be motivated ?

The rest of the world has to get motivated with a lot less reward

Advertisement