Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwich 14.9.2013

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

pass the feckin ball to soldado!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Townsend should come off. AVB needs to stop him from shooting so often. Bring on Lamela on the right for the last 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

no need to bring on lamela. he has to be jet lagged after coming back on thursday from paraguay. no rush with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

mickman wrote: »
    no need to bring on lamela. he has to be jet lagged after coming back on thursday from paraguay. no rush with him

Home debut, break the ice, no pressure

great win

lost momentum when eriksen was taken off - that shows his importance already

Paulinho can be a little slow sometimes but i think thats cos he isnt used to the intensity yet

easy win and great performance by rose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Good win, we crushed Norwich today. Very one-sided.

Delighted with that performance, an easy win to get our newcomers tuned in. Eriksen is pure class, another level. Rose played well. Very happy for Siggy, it can't be easy for him with lots of new hotshots, but this keeps him in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great to get the win,some good performances today especially Siggy and Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I agree with the reviewer that it was Rose's best performance in a Spurs shirt, though I'm still worried how he will fare against the 'big' teams.

What else can I say about Eriksen that hasn't already been said, I'll give it a go out of respect for the player - Eriksen's touch and awareness are phenomenal. He's the ultimate product of the Ajax youth system. He is the exact player we and RS9 need in the team. He'll play between the lines and will set up bags of goals for Soldado.

Townsend is very frustrating to watch. I guess AVB wants him to shoot, hence playing a left footer on the right, as he did with the Hulk at Porto. Though I feel he's only keeping Lamela's spot warm while he gets match fit.

Great performance overall. Dominant, loads of chances created and another clean sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Great day..eriksen looks the real deal..as for Chelsea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Missed most of the game, caught a few minutes and we looked strong, cant wait for MOTD.

Sounds like Ericsson is gonna be a steal. Delighted for Siggy, under pressure with all the new signings pulls it out of the bag! Great result!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Missed most of the game, caught a few minutes and we looked strong, cant wait for MOTD.

Sounds like Ericsson is gonna be a steal. Delighted for Siggy, under pressure with all the new signings pulls it out of the bag! Great result!

Yeah he looked very good, and seems to have settled well. Really good performance from the team overall, delighted.

Quality assist from Ericsson for the first, wasn't even looking at Siggy and weighted it perfectly.

"Christian Eriksen is only 3months and 14days older than Tom Carroll. He's also 1year, 4months and 27days younger than Lewis Holtby. Special."

37 international caps, year on year CL experience, £12m a snip!

Quality assist from Ericsson for the first, wasn't even looking at Siggy and weighted it perfectly.

"Christian Eriksen is only 3months and 14days older than Tom Carroll. He's also 1year, 4months and 27days younger than Lewis Holtby. Special."

37 international caps, year on year CL experience, £12m a snip!

Was going to comment on this earlier but don't want to be constantly slagging holtby but there is a chasm of difference between eriksen and holtby

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Was going to comment on this earlier but don't want to be constantly slagging holtby but there is a chasm of difference between eriksen and holtby

there's a chasm of difference between Eriksen and a number of players years older than him.i like the number of young players we have. walker,rose,townsend,siggy,Eriksen all under 25.holtby and lamela on too. much better performance all round,we've been missing the link man and Eriksen is exactly that. sandro to come back in too and hopefully lamela can settle fast

One thing that was noticabele yesterday was the way we hunted the opposition when we lost the ball, put them under massive pressure to win the ball back

It was one of the most one sided games I have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

One thing that was noticabele yesterday was the way we hunted the opposition when we lost the ball, put them under massive pressure to win the ball back

It was one of the most one sided games I have ever seen

Yeah agree with you, so one sided. It has been a while since I sat at the Lane and felt so comfortable for 90 minutes. Great dominant display.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

I know Holtby has played at number 10 but i don't think he has the skills to really do a great job there, Ericksen has.

I think Holtby could do well for us a bit further back the pitch as on e of the 2 central mids.

• Advertisement

Credit to Siggy for taking his chances, clinical as we know he can be. Also great to see Soldado laying it off to Erisken for the assist, very unselfish.

Siggy's first was similar to the one he scored against Chelsea near the end of last season. Moving at pace, collected a tidy pass to the feet and boom, great finish.

If Siggy & Holtby keep picking up form and Lamela gels in early we'll have some serious attacking options! COYS

Credit to Siggy for taking his chances, clinical as we know he can be. Also great to see Soldado laying it off to Erisken for the assist, very unselfish.

Siggy's first was similar to the one he scored against Chelsea near the end of last season. Moving at pace, collected a tidy pass to the feet and boom, great finish.

If Siggy & Holtby keep picking up form and Lamela gels in early we'll have some serious attacking options! COYS

Soldado will never shoot from outside the box , he will lay it off

Intelligent player . Remember dempseys shots from outside the box last season , makes me laugh thinking about it

Advertisement