Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Home Fish

Options
  • 10-09-2013 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I will be moving twice in the coming months and I just do not want to move a 180l tank twice (or stress my fish with 2 moves), so I am looking to re-home my fish. I have 4 silver Dollars, 2 Dwarf plecos, 4 Tigar Barbs and 2 angel fish (1 is a real gem-orange and white).

They are all looking for a good home. (Established fish-keepers only please)

BTW I am in Leixlip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sounds like a lovely selection and I'm sure you'll find a home for them here. If any were compatible with one of my own setups I'd certainly take them off you! If not, you could have a chat with one of the better fish shops. You might be able to convince them to babysit them for you or at least give you some store credit to use when you're re-stocking the tank after your second move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Arthane aquatics usually take fish in for re-homing, in return for store credit.

Call in advance though, and ask for Gavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Arthane aquatics usually take fish in for re-homing, in return for store credit.

Call in advance though, and ask for Gavin.

Thanks Colin,

I will try that if nothing else comes up.

They are an interesting collection sleepy, the Tigars and Silver Dollars bring a great contrast to the tank and are suprisingly tolerant of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

What size are they? What tank were you keeping them in so far? I have a Vision 180 but I have 4 silver dollars and a catfish already. I'd be happy to take them if they'd have enough room.

Hi Simona,

I think I have a home for the Silver Dollars already. I am still looking for a home for the 4 tigar barbs, 2 Plecos and 2 Angelfish.

Barbs are 2 to 3 cm. (I also have 1 other barb in the tank, but dont know what type he is, same size as the tigars) 1 angelfish is about 3cm the other is about 5cm. Everything is currently in a 180l roma tank so the barbs and the 2 angels should have no problems in your tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

Sounds good, will PM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Silver dollars are settling in well, my convicts aren't bothering them too much. I've decided to get rid of a few of the convicts to make more space. If anybody wants some PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I've plenty of room in my juwel vision 280 if anyone needs homes for any community tank dwellers.

I've been meaning to do some restocking, but funds are a bit tight so I've not managed actually to do it yet.

might be a good deal for all of us if anyone needs homes for fish? :)

vibe666 wrote: »
    I've plenty of room in my juwel vision 280 if anyone needs homes for any community tank dwellers.

I've been meaning to do some restocking, but funds are a bit tight so I've not managed actually to do it yet.

might be a good deal for all of us if anyone needs homes for fish? :)

You're welcome to some Convicts if you want em.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

chopper6 wrote: »
    You're welcome to some Convicts if you want em.
    i'd be worried about them being aggressive toward the rest of the tank tbh and although i've always liked them, as i've never kept any cichlids before, so i'm wary of starting with them in a community tank. i know i'm probably being over-cautious, but i'd hate to lose any of my existing fish to new ones. thanks for the offer though, it's appreciated.

worth saying i think that i'm only going by what i've read about convicts, so anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong? :)

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    i'd be worried about them being aggressive toward the rest of the tank tbh and although i've always liked them, as i've never kept any cichlids before, so i'm wary of starting with them in a community tank. i know i'm probably being over-cautious, but i'd hate to lose any of my existing fish to new ones. thanks for the offer though, it's appreciated.

worth saying i think that i'm only going by what i've read about convicts, so anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong? :)

It's true they can be agressive especially when they're breeding but they're quite cowardly and will back down to anything bigger..i have several different sizes anyway.

I always found jack dempseys to be far more agressive and agressive seemingly for the sake of it.

Ok, just 2 dwarf plecos left to find a home for if anyone is interested.

Judging on the interest here perhaps we could make a sticky for swaps/rehomes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

paul71 wrote: »
    Judging on the interest here perhaps we could make a sticky for swaps/rehomes?
    Like the sticky Swap shop thread? :pac:

Nody wrote: »

Thanks nody. I must be blind! :)

paul71 wrote: »
    Thanks nody. I must be blind! :)

Did you get rid of everything?

Advertisement