Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading MS Outlook Contents

Options
  • 10-09-2013 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Onto an external hard drive. Is this possible?

I'm leaving my current employer next month and have saved all my personal emails into a folder. Would it be possible to mass download and save onto an external drive?

I know technically these emails belong to the business. I'm not looking for advise on that - thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Export Outlook items to an Outlook Data File (.pst)

Follow these instructions to export your folder to a separate PST file and save it to your external hard drive or USB stick. You can import it easily into MS Outlook on another computer using the import/export utility.

Note: You can delete the folder then but due to the nature of the MS Outlook storage system, it can be recovered. If you want to delete them beyond recovery, you will have to export the remaining content of Outlook (sans your personal folder) to a new PST file, shred the original PST file and then reimport.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi Jim,

In Outlook, each data are stored in PST file. So, you have a need to know your PST file location. After that, you can take backup of this data file in to external hard drive like CD, DVD or hard-disk. To know detailed information about process, read at:

http://www.stellaroutlooktools.com/blog/efficient-ways-for-creating-mail-backup/

Regards:
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

Thanks for the advise - very helpful.

Advertisement