Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need To Test Trooper Commercial Shankill/Bray Area

• 10-09-2013 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Hi I have used test centres in Ballymount and found they will fail on the stupidest things.

Looking for somewhere near Shankill or Bray that are good as I need to get done asap for tax.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

I bought a Trooper 3.1 in Gorey last winter. It came with a newly issued Cert. (1 month old) Shall we say that the mechanic/tester didn't spend too much time underneath before writing out the paperwork. Both sides CV joint gaiters needed replacing, brake pads and disks all round needed after a few weeks. PM if you need this garages address!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 half throttle

I've never had any problems with murphy truck center in ballymount, i've ben using them fro the last 7 years for the pajero and navara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Thanks for the reply guys.

It's not me trying to get a heap of scrap through have spent a lot on it and any other 4x4 I've had they have failed on really stupid things eg. reg plate obscured by less then 1 inch of bull bar only when right up at it and original window tint from when the jeep was bought on it for over 10 years and not limo tint and a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

I had to remove factory tint from front windows for NCT it wasn't dark limo tint either. I believe the tint came from the dealer from new. But it still failed the requirement where in previous years it wasn't an issue.

But if your Jeep is really up to standard then any centre will pass it.

I hear many many people say their vehicle is well maintained and perfect but yet fails test because of a defect or something illegal.

Would you not be better off putting the jeep right rather than seeking a test centre that will turn a blind eye to defects and illegal modifications.

For some reason it reminds me of 50 euro being put in the ashtray so dodgy taxi's could go through the NCT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Sorry for hi-jacking thread, but do you know if the rims off a 1997 trooper would fit the older model 1989 trooper. tks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

don't know myself, but if you Google "izuzu trooper owners club UK "
    someone there will set you right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

they fit, all 6 stud jap 4X4s fit each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

they fit, all 6 stud jap 4X4s fit each other

But I don't think isuzu trooper wheels will fit anything else something about inner diameter of centre bore

Advertisement