Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare bargain alerts?

Options
  • 10-09-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

This would be a good idea to have a bargain alerts for everyday items like fuel, foods, meats, eating out etc.

There are similar threads based in bargain alerts but it deals with all over the country- wouldn't make sense to go to Waterford for some half price rashers!

Thoughts? Anyone want to get the ball rolling?

I think it should be restricted to everyday items so that it doesn't turn into an advertising board

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Great idea. Now to try and think of bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

rondeco wrote: »
    Great idea. Now to try and think of bargains!

Lots of places selling ton bags of turf and logs near me but haven't the time to call into them for price compare. Will do soon though

Even deals going in local supermarkets/hardware/garden centres would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Coal/turf/briquette deals would be ideal with the winter coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I don't know if its a bargain alert but McLaughlin's in Newbridge are doing 3 bales of briquettes for €9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ken wrote: »
    I don't know if its a bargain alert but McLaughlin's in Newbridge are doing 3 bales of briquettes for €9.99.

Don't think they are BnM briquettes and they are also smaller bales as well. Spar and centra in curragh grange have done 3 for 11 for a long time. Used to be 3 for 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

ken wrote: »

I bought 3 bales (BnM briquettes) in McLoughlins on Friday for €11.25!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Fudge74 wrote: »
    I bought 3 bales (BnM briquettes) in McLoughlins on Friday for €11.25!!!!

Last winter I used to get 3 BNM briquettes in the Maxol garage just up from the Garda Barracks in Naas for €10. I used to fill the boot of the car every few weeks and hope to do the same this year as local shops were selling them up to €4.50 a bale.

I doubt BNM ones will be 3 for €10 this winter as didn't a new/increased levy kick in over the summer? :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

In Barretts Maynooth last year it was bales of briquettes or logs or eco logs mix and match 3 for 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/excise/solid-fuel-carbon-tax/index.html

Briquettes and coal will be dearer this year due to this, as renofan mentioned.

The cheaper briquettes aren't anything like the ones we're used to - my local shop sells ones that are a mix of coaldust, wax and British peat. Burn horribly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Barretts ones are the bord na mona ones.
    The Nisa ones were weird.

• Advertisement

Martin's Fuel Supplies are doing a special offer until the end of September. 10 x BNM briquettes and 1 x 40kg bag of premium smokeless fuel for €50 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Fudge74 wrote: »
    Martin's Fuel Supplies are doing a special offer until the end of September. 10 x BNM briquettes and 1 x 40kg bag of premium smokeless fuel for €50 :)

Where are they based fudge? Or do they deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Google says they are based in Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭froggie76

This is a great idea for a thread! Will follow and hopefully find a few bargains that I can add!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

MYOB wrote: »
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/excise/solid-fuel-carbon-tax/index.html

Briquettes and coal will be dearer this year due to this, as renofan mentioned........

Coming back into Naas last night after being in Dublin I see the veg place on the left up from the Odeon cinema has 4 bales of briquettes for €15. That puts them at €3.75 each. Last winter with the deal at 3 for €10 they worked out at €3.33 each so that's a 42 cent increase per bale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Cans of coca cola €3.50 for 12 in Dunnes Newbridge while stocks last.

Hiya
    There are based just outside Newbridge and yes he delivers. www.fuelmyfire.net is his website.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭golfhead

Fuel prices from Barretts of Maynooth

40kg Black Diamond € 16.95
    Bale Of Briquettes € 3.80
    3 Bales Special € 11.00
    Pallet Of Briquettes €469.00

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

Does anyone know where's a good place to get seasoned wood, particularly hardwood?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Does anyone know where's a good place to get seasoned wood, particularly hardwood?

Trailer load or bagged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Not Kildare based, but they do deliver:

hotlogs.ie

No affiliation etc, but I have bought from them and the wood is excellent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

Have you tried logonfirewood.ie or shawwoodheat.ie. Kilcock and Maynooth based and they deliver. Have used both companies and had no problems with the wood.

golfhead wrote: »
    Fuel prices from Barretts of Maynooth

40kg Black Diamond € 16.95
    Bale Of Briquettes € 3.80
    3 Bales Special € 11.00
    Pallet Of Briquettes €469.00

DO you know how many bales are in a pallet?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

The standard pallet of bnm briquettes is 128 per pallet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

As per title.
    Good lot available this evening just before close. Best before next week but I can't see it being other than perfect for a few months.

Also b&q naas

Briquettes 2 for 7.50 + 20% off til tomorrow evening. - that's €3 a Bale. 20% off applies if purchase is over €50.

Advertisement