Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas books!

Options
  • 10-09-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know there was a book thread here last year, but it was a general "stuff to read" over the holidays rather than a specifically Christmas book thread.

So, recommend me some Christmassy books! I mean books that are about Christmas, winter, whatever. "Christmas themed" as they say!

I already have "Winter Solstice" by Rosamunde Pilcher (LOVE IT!!!!!!!!) and the Maeve Binchy Christmas one (haven't read it but it's waiting patiently in my Amazon 'kindle books' list for purchase when the time comes!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I love to read a Christmas Carol as much as I like to watch it. And best of all, it's free on kindle edition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Christmasmum

Little Women always seemed quite Christmasy.

I bought a cool little book for the kids last year called Santa is coming to Ireland,
    as far as I remember they had versions for different counties as well as the Irish one.
    Thought that was a nice little touch for a kids bedtime story around Christmas week.

Also last year we started reading the kindle version of the nutcracker,
    it was nice because we were able to watch the ballet on tv too.
    That music just makes me think of old timey traditional Christmas :D

Went a bit nutcracker mad last year, bought loads of nutcracker ornaments too!

Advertisement