Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preparation Advice Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

sean1141 wrote: »
    I fixed it in the most manly way possible..

A good belt of my fist!! Perfect since:D:D Happy days

Wonder if the same fix works for the wife? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im going to food binge the day before so i dont need to eat while playing for 1.....possibly 2 days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

im going to food binge the day before so i dont need to eat while playing for 1.....possibly 2 days :pac:

DEDICATION TO THE CAUSE RIGHT THERE. ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

mutley18 wrote: »
    DEDICATION TO THE CAUSE RIGHT THERE. ^

il have to schedule toilet breaks while im at it......... :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

16gb Usb from Argos.ie - €12.59 (if you are running low on space)

157-1168824UC1431588M.jpg

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1168824/Trail/searchtext%3EUSB.htm

Bought one yesterday and I am about to try it on my xbox 360. I'll come back with the results.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

In process of backing up PS3 hard drive. Have the original 60 gig model but I also have an old laptop with a 500 gig 7200rpm hard drive which I'm going to lob into the PS3. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

will any laptop hard drive fit in them? I have an old laptop with a 250gb harddrive.
    my ps3 is the 120gb slim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Mad excited to see how good the tennis/golf is for some reasons. Any footage of it lying around other than the odd snippet from the rockstar videos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Is it really a good idea to hoover out dust on a phat model or should I just leave it alone...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

My phat ps2 died halfway through San Andreas and I had to buy a new one just to finish the game. Don't think I ever bought another game for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

sean1141 wrote: »
    will any laptop hard drive fit in them? I have an old laptop with a 250gb harddrive.
    my ps3 is the 120gb slim

Yep,all laptops use 2.5". Ps3 also does, be careful not to strip the screws. Almost occurred as I was using rather shoddy screw drivers. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Be warned, I had nightmare of a time when I tried to replace my HDD, though I think it was due to the replacement HDD being a bit dodgy.

Nonetheless, it is an area where things CAN go bad so if it's not an immediate problem then I'd leave it be, especially on the eve of one of the biggest games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

16gb Usb from Argos.ie - €12.59 (if you are running low on space)

157-1168824UC1431588M.jpg

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1168824/Trail/searchtext%3EUSB.htm

Bought one yesterday and I am about to try it on my xbox 360. I'll come back with the results.

€9.99 in Easons think its the same model. If not their 16 gb is €9.99 cant be much in the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Case of miller in, multiple bags of yellow M&Ms in not the GURLY blue and brown ones :rolleyes: and a couple bags of spicy Dorito's in the press. Domino's on speed dial on the mobile, and thats that.

2 controllers charged, and everyone told to FU>C>K OFF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

curryman wrote: »
    €9.99 in Easons think its the same model. If not their 16 gb is €9.99 cant be much in the difference

Yeah heard SanDisk's are 9.99 in Easons. For me it was just easier to buy in Argos. But not a bad option if someone is stuck. As what's 2.50. Oh and I can confirm this usb works. It says it might not be 100% compatible, yadda yadda, but it works :P

What's the crack with USBs anyways? ... I remember buying an 8gb usb in Argos for 20 euro. This was Christmas 2011. They are all cheap all of a sudden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

BUEoG8eIQAETtSb.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Guys, remember to have your controllers charged as well. In particular people without play+charge kits. The last thing you want is to be in the middle of a mission only to have pop ups telling you to charge and having to scramble around for extras.

And also be sure to turn on your console on the Monday just in case there's any system updates to install. Get them out of the way before you get the disc in, especially if you've a slow net connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I have two controllers, one is always plugged in so it's a simple case of pausing and swapping them around :D

I won't get to play on Tuesday so don't have to worry about the updates. Might install it on Tuesday before going to work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I have two controllers, one is always plugged in so it's a simple case of pausing and swapping them around :D

Do this as well. Only reason I bought two. I don't do splitscreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Does leaving one controller constantly plugged in even when it's fully charged not kill the battery eventually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Does leaving one controller constantly plugged in even when it's fully charged not kill the battery eventually?

I alternate fairly often , so not that I've noticed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement