Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map Size (Spoilers)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Absolutely hilarious people saying it doesn't look big enough.
    It has already been confirmed that it is the size of GTA IV, RDR and San Andreas combined and that it will took 1 hour REAL time to get around the coast driving...and people think by looking at a map without any sense of scale that they can say it looks small? Come on now, don't be silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

sheehy83 wrote: »
    tumblr_mded1mklTP1qfvgpgo1_500.jpg

Does John C Reilly's body look really weird in that pic, his upper body looks like its missing about half a foot and his legs look like twigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm looking forward to dressing like Trevor in online and going in the woods waiting for dumbasses to wander into my territory.

I remember when GTA VI online I made friends with this random guy starting driving around the city with him, we came across another guy that wanted to join us.We'd stop pick him up cruise around for a while before executing him, funny thing was he kept coming back over and over lasted about a hour.Never once did he try to kill us :D

Oh I love online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Anyone else just dying to race along the coastal road in GTA Online with traffic turned off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, I think that Coastal Road is gonna be a bit amazing.

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to dressing like Trevor in online and going in the woods waiting for dumbasses to wander into my territory.

I remember when GTA VI online I made friends with this random guy starting driving around the city with him, we came across another guy that wanted to join us.We'd stop pick him up cruise around for a while before executing him, funny thing was he kept coming back over and over lasted about a hour.Never once did he try to kill us :D

Oh I love online.

I think you're about 6 years or so ahead of your time :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I hated racing in gta iv, there was a turn every 2 seconds apart from the long stretch down algonquin,...can't wait to put a cheetah in top gear and not brake till the race is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Cannot unsee

U5yEdpF.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man thats epic!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Jamez735 wrote: »
    I hated racing in gta iv, there was a turn every 2 seconds apart from the long stretch down algonquin,...can't wait to put a cheetah in top gear and not brake till the race is over.

The race at the airport was another one in IV.

I loved racing in IV, probably my favourite thing to do when playing online along with free roam, but as I've stressed before, I just hope the driving mechanics are not so drastically changed from IV to V. Also hope the respawning feature works a bit more quickly as at times in IV you had to hold the respawn button down far longer than other times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

There appears to be a large NOOSE site on the eastern side of the map. I wonder what it is, but sounds sweet:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

This picture shows some of the aerial views from the trailers set on top of the map, it really puts the size of it into perspective imo, it's fooking massive.

iwPe8U8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Some dude compared V to SA's maps, this can't be right can it?

ibxSxKT9m7OCdE.png

Link to the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Could be. Think SA was only something like 13 miles x 13 miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

gnfnrhead wrote: »

It was, and GTA V is meant to be 50 sq miles. So there's no way that map is to scale as the SA map looks a lot less than a quarter going by the above, even ignoring the surrounding oceans and Alamo Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I dont think it is correct...there is big...and then there is too big.

I dont think it is correct...there is big...and then there is too big.

Add GTA IV and RDR map in there too and it'd fill it up.
    I think that is correct tbh. It's going to be massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:eek:

Oh no, I need to go change my underwear :pac:

• Advertisement

All things considered, the city (not the map) is rather small. Small in the sense that I reckon they've accidentally managed to reverse people's problem with IV. Instead of having too much city and no forest/desert, they've now got too much forest and no city.

I won't argue the map as a whole is huge, but it's the city where you will spend the vast majority of your time, and I do get the feeling that after only an hour or two of skimming around the city you will know the layout fairly quickly (of course there'll always be the lanes and alleys that you figure out over time, but I'm talking about the actual roadways and such).

Admittedly, instead of using other maps and screenshots to get the scale, I'm just looking at the map and trying to apply a common sense rule of 'how big is a block between each junction' or 'how long would the average stretch of road be between each junction'.

No doubt there's a lot going to be crammed in there, but I do think it's going to be a bit lackluster after a couple of plays. If the maps where the San Andreas is imposed on top of the V map are to be believed to have accurate scale, you'd be driving for ages between each intersection. Whereas, in-game, from the speed we've seen cars travel, I'm sure that won't be the case).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

All things considered, the city (not the map) is rather small. Small in the sense that I reckon they've accidentally managed to reverse people's problem with IV. Instead of having too much city and no forest/desert, they've now got too much forest and no city.

To be fair, the RDR terrain was mostly open country and that was a huge success.

Looking at the maps of GTA IV and GTA V, assuming the airport in V is either the same size or bigger than IV then the size of the city in 5 is going to be the size of the entire IV map.

This is something I just chopped and changed around there to give an idea of how it may be if that San Andreas comparison is well off.

basically either way the city is going to be more than big enough if ya ask me.

271166.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

To be fair, the RDR terrain was mostly open country and that was a huge success.

Exactly. As long as the story uses whatever space is available in the game it will be a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I won't argue the map as a whole is huge, but it's the city where you will spend the vast majority of your time, and I do get the feeling that after only an hour or two of skimming around the city you will know the layout fairly quickly (of course there'll always be the lanes and alleys that you figure out over time, but I'm talking about the actual roadways and such).

Admittedly, instead of using other maps and screenshots to get the scale, I'm just looking at the map and trying to apply a common sense rule of 'how big is a block between each junction' or 'how long would the average stretch of road be between each junction'.

No doubt there's a lot going to be crammed in there, but I do think it's going to be a bit lackluster after a couple of plays. If the maps where the San Andreas is imposed on top of the V map are to be believed to have accurate scale, you'd be driving for ages between each intersection. Whereas, in-game, from the speed we've seen cars travel, I'm sure that won't be the case).
    "Small"? No way!
    CybzA1r.gif

Also, classic rockstar: Area called "Morningwood"

All robbed from here, which is well worth bookmarking if you don't use reddit already:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Cienciano wrote: »
    CybzA1r.gif
    Holy fook :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Is it as big as Just Cause 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I think I'm going to have to avoid the GTA forums/news/hype until I get the game. It's a bit like hyping up the chances of snow in an Irish winter - frustrating until you see it for yourself. Only difference is, GTA V WILL happen.

Until then, I'm out of here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

<snip>

Post it in the proper Spoilers thread. This is only for discussion on the map size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Anyone else excited by how many parachute icons are on the map?

Advertisement