Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving abroad, need to close account

Options
  • 10-09-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Moving abroad this week, but need to keep account open for a few weeks to allow the final DD's to take place. I always keep more than 3k in my current account to avail of free banking. So if i close my account half way through or towards the end of a quarter would i be liable to charges as the account will be cleared to zero?

If this is the case when do the quarters run from? As I could close it at the start of a quarter to avoid quarterly fee's?

I assume a signed letter will suffice to close my account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

snaps wrote: »
    Moving abroad this week, but need to keep account open for a few weeks to allow the final DD's to take place. I always keep more than 3k in my current account to avail of free banking. So if i close my account half way through or towards the end of a quarter would i be liable to charges as the account will be cleared to zero?

If this is the case when do the quarters run from? As I could close it at the start of a quarter to avoid quarterly fee's?

I assume a signed letter will suffice to close my account.
    Hi snaps,

In order to avail of the 'No Transaction Fees offer' you need to keep €3k in your account for an entire fee quarter.  If you close your account half way through a quarter you will be charged for each transaction as well as the maintenance fee of €5.  Please see here for the charges that will apply.

The current fee quarter began on the 19/8/13 and will end on the 15/11/2013.

Ideally you need to go into your branch with photo ID to close your account.  If you are unable to get into a branch you can send a signed written instruction asking for your account to be closed.  

Have a safe trip.

Thanks

Seán

Advertisement