Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retrofit Gas Boiler Replacement.

• 10-09-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I currently have a suprima_100 (36kw input, 28.7 output) but it's 13yrs old and on its last legs. Open Vented , no zones, just on/off . House is 200 sqM Detached double block with cavity. Walls have been pumped recently with bead insulation. BER is C1 at best.

Need a recommendation for a replacement Gas Boiler. I'd like to be able to control the output temperature of the water going to the radiators . My current boiler has an output temperature of 82 degrees. The rads are boiling hot ! I get allot of banging and creaking from the radiator pipe work as the system switches on/off . An issue i've had to live with for the last decade!

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paddy the plumber

bmm wrote: »
    Hi,
    I currently have a suprima_100 (36kw input, 28.7 output) but it's 13yrs old and on its last legs. Open Vented , no zones, just on/off . House is 200 sqM Detached double block with cavity. Walls have been pumped recently with bead insulation. BER is C1 at best.

Need a recommendation for a replacement Gas Boiler. I'd like to be able to control the output temperature of the water going to the radiators . My current boiler has an output temperature of 82 degrees. The rads are boiling hot ! I get allot of banging and creaking from the radiator pipe work as the system switches on/off . An issue i've had to live with for the last decade!

Any advice would be great.

I use to install this boiler and was one of the better boilers on the market at that time but have not being using the open system on gas systems for over twenty years, I have being using the Glow-Worm and the Worcester Bosch boilers for the last few years so would be recommending them, I would be recommending some controls like radiator thermostats , a cylinder thermostat so that your hot water is set at 65 degrees, separate zone for bedrooms and a separate zone for living room areas, regarding the banging and creaking this could be a number of issues like pipes expanding too near the floorboards or joists

Advertisement