Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Firewood

• 10-09-2013 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Looking to purchase firewood (either cut or not - dont mind cutting myself if needs be)

I'm based in the south Galway / north clare county area. Any recommendations for local harvesters up around my location? I'm looking at Coillte but they apparently are expensive from what I read on boards.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Anyone selling timber will be as dear as coilte if not dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

Looks like Coillte primarily deal in spruce wood. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

peustace wrote: »
    Looks like Coillte primarily deal in spruce wood. Any other suggestions?

Nothing wrong with spruce, just get it well seasoned and it will kick out loads of heat. They use nothing else in the likes of Scandanavia.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭massey265

Firewood seems to be getting popular, but will it get to be as popular as the likes off coal or turf as coal is getting to be very expensive and bogs getting scarse timber seems to be a very good long term option?

Advertisement