Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECDL course

Options
  • 10-09-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭

hi i am thinking of doing an ECDL course as i have no computar qulification on my CV but have a few questions

i done an office admin course and we used a lot of word, excel, powerpoint and i have compelted a higher cert course in third level using IT in that course

So would i be to advanced for ECDL and would it be a waste of money and time for me to do the course

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

From what you say it will be a breeze for you. Wouldn't hurt to have the official cert though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thebrit

Where can you get the E.C.D.L interactive C.D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

I started an online ECDL course with FÁS and to be honest it's embarrassing the level it's on.

It's basically for people who've never seen a computer in their lives.

I just wanted to go in and sit the exams straight away but they wouldn't let me do that until I read through all the notes and did all the quizzes!

I just couldn't hack it anymore. Examples of MCQs include "which of these is a social network a)Hard Disk b) Facebook c) monitor.

So yeah Id' say it's a waste of time for you. I also read somewhere that no I.T employer takes ECDL seriously and it may even jeopardize your application.

welkin wrote: »
    I started an online ECDL course with FÁS and to be honest it's embarrassing the level it's on.

It's basically for people who've never seen a computer in their lives.

I just wanted to go in and sit the exams straight away but they wouldn't let me do that until I read through all the notes and did all the quizzes!

I just couldn't hack it anymore. Examples of MCQs include "which of these is a social network a)Hard Disk b) Facebook c) monitor.

So yeah Id' say it's a waste of time for you. I also read somewhere that no I.T employer takes ECDL seriously and it may even jeopardize your application.
    I'm doing a degree in computing (only started) and I think you would be surprised how useful the ECDL can be for various people who can use a computer but don't know the ins and outs of Microsoft office. You can't just dismiss it that easily for example I knew how to use the adobe creative suite but I would of had no experience of access before the ECDL. If you know your stuff there is always the advanced ECDL, but not sure if you need to do the normal ECDL first.

Advertisement