Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting SEO business - Should I market offline aswell?

Options
  • 10-09-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi Boards People,

I'm a 20 year old student studying Computers in Dublin. I started building my own sites when I was 16 and since then I have learned alot about what ranks in Google and what doesn't (even with the new updates).

Last summer I was contacted by a few friends to help them rank there Niche site on Google and ever since then I have been providing SEO services for people through word of mouth mainly.

But I have decided I will make more money and communication will be more rapid if I use my own site to deliver my service.

My question is - Should I still advertise offline (newspapers, flyers, cards etc?)

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Always have cards with you. Always. I would imagine print marketing will be tough to see a decent return on. With SEO you really want to be in a position to be able to have a good chat with someone to explain exactly what you can do to make them money which is hard to get across in a flyer. Find a few companies who you think you can make a difference for and try and go in and talk to someone or make an appointment with someone who calls the shots on things like that. I've had a few people pitch their SEO at me and all they ever seem to say this is the price and this is the product and never really tell me why its going to benefit me and help me make money get that right and that will get them interested. If you can show them the numbers on your friends site and show them how you got them from x visits per month to y visits per month that should definitely make people pay more attention as they will know what their own conversion rates are and if you can get them a decent uplift in visitors they will know how many more transactions that is likely to lead to.

Advertisement